Does This Sound Right?

Raindog

Established Member
Ok, we have a faily decent weekend coming up and it's time for the first detail on the redfire. My package from Scott arrived yesterday so I should have most everything I need (minus a PC).

I'm thinking that the order should be something like...
Wash,
Clay,
PB polish with sealant,
PB EX,
Natty's Red

Since I know basically nothing about detailing I thought I might run it by you guys first. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike

Scott P

Established Member
That looks good to me. Some people recommend a wash after claying, but I always saw that as an unnecessary step. Let the EX dry for at least 30 minutes before buffing it off. I'd let it cure for 12 hours or so before topping it with the Natty's Red. With Natty's Red, apply in a very thin coat to two panels at a time. Let it dry slightly, then buff it off. If it dries too long, it becomes a little more difficult to remove.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
yep but no need to let EX cure that long put it on let it sit on the car 1 hour before removal then you top right awy.

I'm with ya on this one.

I've tried it both ways (waiting vs. about an hour) and there seems to be no benefit to waiting (other than more potential for dirt contamination).

You might want to wait and see how EX sets up because it looks pretty good on Redfire by itself; though NR does as well. Might want to just play and see which you prefer.

SVT2122

Established Member
Just a piece of advice I wish someone would have told me when I first started. The polishing takes a lot longer than it feels like it should, at least in my care, I never let the polish break down properly. Partly due to using to much product, and not taking enough time. I spend about 15-20 minutes on a panel now under a drop light to make sure swirls are gone now.

What pads do you plan on using?

GL with it,
Sean :beer:

Raindog

Established Member
Nearly pulled the trigger on a flex 3401 today, times are hard but I like to keep my vehicles shiny and I could pull a few bucks from doing other cars, enough to cover the purchase I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread