does this ground strap have a part number?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
my local dealer can't find it and thinks that it is a part of the now obsolete battery/starter/ground harness.

it's about a foot long and attaches from the driver's side motor mount bolt to the driver's side bottom of frame.

but i'm thinking that it's not cobra specific and that all 99-04 v8 mustangs would share this (?)
DSCN2620.JPG

DSCN2619.JPG

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
^yup i think that is what i'll probably end up doing, just wondering why that original ford part seems so hard to find

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
^yup i think that is what i'll probably end up doing, just wondering why that original ford part seems so hard to find

these cars are going into 17 years out of production - it probably wasnt something made in big volume to start with and easily resolved with a generic part

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think all mustangs have it. Not just the V8's. I can check my daughter's V6 when she gets home from work if you want.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
ah it's okay no trouble bob but thanks anyway - just seems weird to me that for something that is on so many mustangs there is not alot of info on it that i could find on the internet

you can buy them for fox bodies and classic mustangs - i guess the sn95s and new edges are just at that place where oem stuff has dried up but they are not old enough for reproduction pieces like this yet

01yellercobra

Established Member
If I ever take mine off I'll send it to you. I have all the upgraded grounds, I just didn't pull this one off because it was easier to leave in place at the time. Is yours in bad shape?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I may have mine laying around. I upgraded to a 4 gauge with my Nations alternator.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
If I ever take mine off I'll send it to you. I have all the upgraded grounds, I just didn't pull this one off because it was easier to leave in place at the time. Is yours in bad shape?

yeah the rubber insulation on both ends has cracked and has green corrosion in there. but i am just going to go with that dorman piece hotcobra03 linked to. thanks man though. with no insulation there's probably less chance of water collecting in there and causing corrosion

hotcobra03

Established Member
that link was a example that they are easy to find

during search ford should have this on shelf
maybe a visit to ford or try our site vendor link for automation

14303 is a base part number I see from searching

Users who are viewing this thread