Does this car have it?

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Links to the same car.

Yes it uses the teksid block with B-heads(dual intake ports). These use 6-bolt cast cranks. I'm not sure what trannys the Mark 8s use so maybe some one els could chime in on that. I think it may be 4r70w

Last edited:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Ok now with the new 2nd link. That uses a teksid block and B heads also. It has slightly better rods and forged 8bolt crank. The teksid blocks were used till MID-99. The 99s used a different side bolt. The quickest way to see if your looking at a teksid block is in the valley. If it has (extra)ribbing running down the center of cylinders it is NOT a teksid block.

These ARE teksid blocks one uses a 99 cobra block(built for a blown 4v) and the other is a Mark 8 block(built for a PS 2v). The side bolts are Torque to yield 1 time use only bolts on the 99s(and newer)
Picture001.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Last edited:

Tarball

Established Member
Actually it seems most 01 Cobras have a Teksid too, but unless you want to put out over 1100WHP it doesn't matter what block you use. A WAP will work just as well.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
You can pick up Mark 8 motors for $350-$400 around here.

Oh yes I also forgot the coolant tube that runs in the valley from the water pump is different also that is pressed in the block.

Last edited:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Here you can see the extra ribbing I was talking about
M-6010-A46.jpg

Last edited:

TTBEAST

Established Member
Are the heads off of the 99 cobra block 4 valve? and are they good heads ? Compared to the heads on the 03s

F8L SN8K

Established Member
They are C-heads on the 99+ 4v. All modular cobras are 4v(96-present) The 99-01 heads have a slightly different exhaust port shape with the 03+ being more rectangular. Everything uses the same parts and will bolt right in place the 03 heads have a diffent intake runner the resembles the fr500 heads. When ported the o3 heads flow about 5-10 cfm more then the older c heads.

Users who are viewing this thread