Does the 11 GT5000 hold 8 qts of oil??

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
Went to my local Valvoline oil change place to get the oil changed out and they old me that they don't have 5W-50 full syn for my car. I then travelled to the Ford dealership and they changed my oil with Motorcraft 5W-50 syn. After all said and done the bill came out to 160 bucks. I asked them why so high and they told me my year GT500 takes 8 quarts of oil and each quart costs 15.99. Doesn't our cars take 6 and a half quarts?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
The capacity is in the GT500 supplement if you have one. If you don't google 2010 GT500 Supplement and you should be able to find one and print it and take it to your dealer. You'd think those morons could look up this stuff on their own.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Went to my local Valvoline oil change place to get the oil changed out and they old me that they don't have 5W-50 full syn for my car. I then travelled to the Ford dealership and they changed my oil with Motorcraft 5W-50 syn. After all said and done the bill came out to 160 bucks. I asked them why so high and they told me my year GT500 takes 8 quarts of oil and each quart costs 15.99. Doesn't our cars take 6 and a half quarts?

Yes it does. The 13/14 took more but not the earlier ones. I would be hopping mad at them over that.

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
You think with them bein an actual Ford dealer they would know it only takes 6.5 qts. For that price I could have gotten an Amsoil oil change.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
@ the end of 2010 / beginning of 2011, there was a thread on TeamShelby regarding how much oil a 2011 GT500 used during an oil change w/filter.
I had a free dealership oil change on 6 Jan. 2011, and had the service writer put how many quarts they used on the receipt. He wrote ( 7.4 ) quarts on my receipt..
Checking the dipstick when I got home, showed the oil level @ the top of the hash- mark area.

Snoopy49

Established Member
2011 GT500 MAINTENANCE PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS AND CAPACITIES.jpg

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
What does the dip stick show on flat ground?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Please tell me that you went back to the dealer to discuss this with the service manager. If not, you really should! I had my '03 Cobra overfilled at my dealer once. They used 7 1/2 quarts when they did an oil change. :eek: Needless to say, I had a heated discussion with the service manager over this. My sales manager came out and took over the discussion (it got louder than my discussion was, LOL). I did leave with the correct oil level, and I think I was given a service credit on a future visit.

nickf2005

Established Member
You think with them bein an actual Ford dealer they would know it only takes 6.5 qts. For that price I could have gotten an Amsoil oil change.
The last time I went to the dealer for a change (a dealer I've used for 5 years), I noticed it was a different service advisor than I had seen there before. So, I told her specifically that I needed the 5w-50. I was greeted with, "I don't think that's right. I've never heard of that."

I told her to look it up. "Oh, I guess you're right."

"Yes, I am. 6.5 quarts, please."

Never underestimate them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
I checked my level and its a tad bit over, needless to say that's the last time I am taking her back to any Ford dealership to have anything done to her. Except maybe if its for a recall that is. I'm gonna use Amsoil for my next oil change from now on.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
You got raped at $15.99 a quart. I use 5w50 in my ‘14 GT Track Pack and until recently the only place I could get it was my local dealer. Motorcraft 5w50 full synthetic. Cost is $9.95 per quart. My GT takes 8.5 quarts IIRC.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
This is exactly why I do most all of the work on my cars myself. How stupid can one be to mess up an oil change?

Users who are viewing this thread