Does it need lowered?

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
I've been debating on whether to lower my car or not and just wanted some others opinions. I'm mostly wanting to get rid of the fender gap but not going for the "slammed" look. I think the front looks pretty good now but there's a pretty big gap in the rear. So, would y'all leave it alone or lower it? If I do lower it will most likely be with the Eibach pro kit which advertises a drop of 1.2" up front and 1.7 in the rear. Let me know your opinions! :beer:

8700FD2D-9921-4B07-8B2E-E93E7AF8F782-10015-000005B58A0D1F91_zps6bcf7414.jpg

D6386D4A-4C91-4FCF-8CF4-B54FE42B4E80-10015-000005B585591FCF_zpsc7871f81.jpg

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Now would be a good time to lower, Koni and BMR are having sales. If you lower you would also want new shocks/struts, camber plates and a panhard bar minimum.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
It looks good now, but definitely go pro kit, I have one waiting in my basement to go on when I get motivated but I would do it.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member

Blueline

Established Member
I have been going back and forth about lowering my 11 sterling gray too lol! I just dont know!! If you do it please post up some after pics.

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
Based on a little research, I should be fine with just adding an adjustable panhard bar and camber bolts for the front, if I end up lowering.

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
JL, your car sits lower than my stock 2010. Personally, I would be satisfied with the way yours sits right now if it were me.

I bought the Eibach Pro kit from Lethal Performance for my 2010 a few weeks ago and plan to install them with a friend this coming Thursday. I also ordered the MM caster plates from Lethal today after determining from my alignment shop that these will be necessary to do a proper alignment. With 1600.00 worth of new F1 tires on the car (when I bought it) I certainly don't want the front tires wearing prematurely. I'll post some pics when finished.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Your car looks great but would definitely benefit from the Pro-kit. You'll basically be removing the gap in the wheel well that you have now.

We've got Pro-kits as well as camber bolts and panhard rods in stock so when you're ready give us a call and we'll take good care of you.

Make sure to mention the SVTP discount when you call in.

Let me know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

Thanks, Jared

TUROCK

Established Member
u should lower it i got mine on friday sportline 1.2front 1.7rear got them from lethal 250 gonna installed them wednesday just join today to this svtp:banana:

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
u should lower it i got mine on friday sportline 1.2front 1.7rear got them from lethal 250 gonna installed them wednesday just join today to this svtp:banana:

You might want to check those numbers again, I'm pretty sure the sportlines are a bigger drop than the pro's.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
lower it. you will be surprised at how much better it makes it look. and if your not sure, go with a light drop, maybe and inch or so.

TexasRoe

Devil Dog
Established Member
Im waiting for the Eibach pro kit from American Muscle I just ordered to arrive tommorow to put on my '12 SVTPP. Can wait. I pulled up next to another Shelby and thought I was on stilts so I pulled the trigger. Pics to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread