Does it come in 2 wheel drive?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
03MUSCLE said:
I Wish They Would Have Put Yhe Shelby Lettering All The Way Across The Back Like The Gt350-h Hertz Cars Isaw On Saturday Looks So Much Better.

Shoot, that would have cost Ford another eleven dollars per car. To cover that they would have had to mark the price up another thousand dollars.

chuckstang

Established Member
HAHA
The looks just plain suck at this point.
I am sick of their excuse for the thing sitting like a 4x4!
I think a GT500 in all black with the metal mesh hood scoops and front grille would make this car much much better!
It looks too much like a rental Mustang and not the GT350H!

venams03

Established Member
Man.

The Mustang GT on the local dealers lot looks better than that thing. Guess that's why I find myself not caring whether I get one or not.

* Terrible 4X4 Look. Geez FORD, haven't you guys learned anything or been listening to the d*** boards?

* Messed up hood. I was all over that hood when they sent the test mule to Victor FORD last July. Guess they didn't listen last year either because it made it to production. Such a shame

* Fugly wheels. Need I provide detail?

* ADM of 10-15K? Where do I sign?

SlowSVT

Established Member
Hmmm

Is that car called a Ford Shelby Cobra GT500?

Wait until Saleen gets their hands on one. Then it will be called the Saleen Shelby Cobra GT500 S2

Better yet, how bout "Ford Boss Shelby Cobra GT500 R Roush Special.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
They dropped the cobra name. It is just Shelby GT500. The 04 SVT COBRA is the last snake to creep out of the Cobra den.

-Jeff

illadvisedSnake

need supporting mods!!!!
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Shoot, that would have cost Ford another eleven dollars per car. To cover that they would have had to mark the price up another thousand dollars.

Is that including the extra stop on the assembly line, the robot to center and paste the sticker on the car, and the 3 shifts of workers to push the big red "START" button?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Git 'r' done!!!!!

and I'm loving the unpainted sport mirrors :bored:

don't even get me started on the wheel and tire package...................

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
illadvisedSnake said:
Is that including the extra stop on the assembly line, the robot to center and paste the sticker on the car, and the 3 shifts of workers to push the big red "START" button?

Nope.

The Truth

That thing looks so much better than the '04 Cobras. And it will really blow them away too. We've entered a new age of performance. Ass end is pretty goofy, but you can't argue with fast. I guess mods are in order so your eyes won't get sore looking at it.

magred

Established Member
Well, the only thing I can say is that I think it needs more aggressive wheels and tires. The wheels look ok but the first thing I thought to myself when I was looking at the pics is that it needs more meat on it! When you see a Cobra with big meat on the rears you just know it is "mean"!! Oh well, that is what the aftermarket is for, to make up for what the car should have came with. As Paul Harvey would say, "And Good day". lol

G. El Dorado

Established Member
Black R/A said:
That thing looks so much better than the '04 Cobras. And it will really blow them away too.

Stock vs stock it would come down to the driver.

GTWill

Established Member
G. El Dorado said:
Stock vs stock it would come down to the driver.
Thats like saying stock for stock it would be a drivers race between a GT500 and a Z06. Well almost. The 04 and the GT500 are not evenly matched.

G. El Dorado

Established Member
GTWill said:
Thats like saying stock for stock it would be a drivers race between a GT500 and a Z06. Well almost. The 04 and the GT500 are not evenly matched.

Same et and mph I'd call that dead even.

merp

Captain Insane-o
Established Member
G. El Dorado said:
Same et and mph I'd call that dead even.
Except that if you wanted to do anything else besides quarter mile runs, the 'vette would stomp the Shelby flat.

Seriously, if that thing's gonna be the $42k quoted in the Car & Driver thread, they're going to have serious problems selling that car. Someone here was right. Bill Ford whored out to Shelby yet again. And it's going to cost Ford a lot. For another $5k or so, I can build out a C6 Z51 that will pace the Shelby down the strip, and will crush it in cornering and braking (and fuel economy, if you wanna drive it slow. but that's irreleveant here :)

If the superior sports car is only slightly more expensive, why in the hell would anyone buy the Shelby?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread