Does Ford seem to get a bad rap in the media??

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
I know, I know. Ford has been getting tons of positive media coverage lately. It just seems strange that out of the blue, you see entire articles devoted to some negative or perceived negative aspect of Ford's business. From hatchet job articles on the stock (good call idiots. Still going strong) to articles emphasizing the most minute negatives about their products, it really blows my mind.

Read the moronic reasons stated in this pos article: 3 Reasons to Sell Ford Today (F)

Again, probably one of the dumbest articles I've seen. Completely voided of any facts: 2-Star Stocks Poised to Plunge: Ford? (F)

This article is my favorite. Nothing but baseless, ignorant speculation and nothign more: Bankruptcy fixes at GM, Chrysler may cause problems for Ford - Jun. 17, 2009

Little newsclips like this strike me as annoying. From AutoBlog: Numbers Don't Lie: Silverado beats out F-150 as America's best-selling light-duty pickup

Another OMGWTF!!! from AutoBlog: BREAKING: Chevrolet Camaro outsells Ford Mustang in June

Still more news from AutoBlog on a product beating the Mustang in sales for ONE SINGLE MONTH(!!!!!): Dodge Challenger outsells Ford Mustang last month and YTD

Lastly is this mess of an article from Edmunds Inside Line: 2010 Ford Taurus SHO vs. 2009 Infiniti G37 Comparison Test and Video on Inside Line

What kind of twat compares a fullsize sedan to a barely midsize luxury sedan (that also comes in a coupe) in a performance comparo. Next month, Edmunds will be doing a comparo between the Ford Edge and the Z06.

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would think some of the more powerful morons on Wall St. that know shit about the auto industry are trying to drive the stock down to cover their short positions since they obviously called it wrong.

The bottom line is that Ford's product line kicks ass and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

They are not at a disadvantage to GM or Chrysler because a) GM and Chrysler don't have a product lineup that even comes close (especially Chrysler. Terrible. Horrible. Garbage), b) their quality is eons better than GM and Chrysler and c) Ford doesn't have a cancerous tumor growing on them every second called the US government. Washington is already sticking their nose in every aspect of GM's business, from what cars they are going to build, where they are going to build them, who should run the company and now, whether or not they are going to be allowed to trim their dealer network. Nothing will be left when the looters are done unless GM pays back the loans as fast as possible.

Ford's quality is on par with anyone in the industry.

Their debt is manageable because they have a lot more flexibility in raising funds due to the fact they a) have the best CEO in American industry and b) they own their own finance arm.

Amirite or amirite?!

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
i saw that article too on edmunds and thought the same thing. ford has been my favorite car maker ever since i was in high school (my uncle let me have have a ford falcon to drive until i graduated). you really can't make a rational comparson between those two cars :shrug:

oh well, GO FORD!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
When you are at the top, everything will be compared to you. That's the way it goes.

Seriously though, who cares that a car or truck outsold the Mustang or F150 for a month. How about the year? How about the last 20 years??

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I guess they forgot they forgot to mention that Ford is about to overtake GM's North American market share position.

oldmodman

Established Member
Ford did not take TARP money and proved that with decent products an automobile company can survive on it's own.

The Democrats and Liberals hate that.

Users who are viewing this thread