Does ford/lincoln need a coyote based rwd sedan?

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Well over the years I've had 2 Audi S4's and 3 BMW M3's because I've wanted 4 door, 3 pedal, fast (ish) summer DD's. Sure I'd rather it be a Lincoln, but I see no reason why Ford would step into this space.

snakecharmer

Established Member
Do they need one? Yes. Lincoln is as boring as Toyota. Maybe even more so. Will they do one? Highly doubt it. Ford is married to their ecogarbage agenda so outside of the Mustang and the F150 you aren't going to see any real motors or rear drivers.

AAG

Established Member
Do they need it? No, the 2.7/3.0/3.5 ecoboost motors do just fine for sedans.

Would having the revised '18 Coyote 5.0 with 450+hp reving to 7.4k rpm be fun in a rwd sedan? ABSOUTELY

Vonbrandwolf

Established Member
I think the obvious way for Ford to dig into this market segment is to simply expand the mustang platform into a four door (like it was meant to be capable of) and release a string of rwd sedans. The V8 doesn't even need to be offered at first. The ecoboost lineup could power it for the first couple years while they decide if the market would support a performance variant.
Sure, Ford seems married to their current fwd chassis for now, but all it takes is one high level employee to get hired or fired :D

Users who are viewing this thread