Does anyone watch Legion?

Never_Enough

Established Member
I watched season one & started on season 2, but I quit. It's just boring to me.

Blades

Established Member
I watched season one & started on season 2, but I quit. It's just boring to me.
Damn, you're missing out on singing mice.

Seriously tho.. Last night's EP actually had action in it. Given the source material, I think they're doing a great job.. Ever tried to read a Legion comic? It's annoying.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Is it a spin off from the movie Legion? cause that movie was badass. This looks not so great however.

Blades

Established Member
Not a spinoff from the movie.. It's based on the comic books. Charles Xavier's mentally unstable son, David Haller.. He has a ton of 'powers' but he's also ****ing nuts.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I tried to watch an episode and it was boring as hell. They rely on it being a mental trip but it fails because none of it makes sense.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
I tried to watch an episode and it was boring as hell. They rely on it being a mental trip but it fails because none of it makes sense.

It’s not going to unless you know the origin story and watched from the beginning. David is essentially the most powerful comic being ever, rivaled only by maybe Frankling Richards. His subset of personalities along with his own power allow him to tap into essentially any power, even one his mind creates. Think of Thanos with all six stones amplified beyond comprehension.

I think that’s partly why the show narrative is so trippy, partly because it’s almost inconceivable to rationalize all that power being weilded by one mutant and well...because of his multiple personalities. He’s the ultimate badass, yet no side can control or manipulate him without possibly encountering apocalyptic consequences. Hell, he can create pocket universes in the comics among other crazy shit.

It’s honestly why I find the show interesting because it can essentially go anywhere, doesn’t necessarily have to make sense, and still arrive to any conclusion. It also makes for some strange and sometimes annoyingly stupid scenes, but at least it’s not regurgitated storylines I’ve seen many times. Hopefully, after watching this last episode, he’s finally to the point he realizes the immense powers he possesses and is about to go apeshit since it’s lacked on a lot of the expected action thus far. The Shadow King is in for a world of pain methinks.

Blades

Established Member
Well said. People either love it or think it's super boring. I really enjoy it for the reasons you mentioned.. plus the music and "feel" of the show. He's a little different in the comics..I personally like TV David better.. I could nerd out some more. But I just get a kick out of the moments in this show where crazy random things happen: like mice singing.. he either hallucinated that or bent reality and made it happen. Shit you won't see on The Flash.. but hey I still like that one too

Users who are viewing this thread