Does anyone that posts in here actually own a GT?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Florida Chris said:
I too prefered the look of the standard wheels. However, when I did the deal on the car I had the dealer throw in a set of the optional forged wheels as well. I intend to mount a set of track rubber on the forged wheels and put them on the car for track days.
Well I don't blame you. that car can never fully stretch it's legs out on the public streets anyway.

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
Florida Chris said:
Putting in 4 point Schroth harnesses this weekend. I will likely install the SVT/Borla headers and exhaust when they become available this summer. Waiting on other upgrades from SVT.

:rockon: thats awsome. The GT is my dream car. Its cool to have an owner actually join up on a board, cool individuals. :beer:

klmore

Established Member
1 bad bullitt said:
Your GT is very nice, I finnaly got to see one in person last week at the local ford dealer. I would have never expected them to get one in as Shreveport is not that big of a market for performance cars, i have only seen about 5 Cobras on the road around here.I the standard wheels better than the optional BBS wheels the one I saw has.

They had a 78,000$ market adjustment mark up. lol
total was like 256,000$

Actually the local Ford dealer called me and tried to sell me that same GT they have on their showroom floor. The sales guy told me they are asking $235k. I told the guy I'm really wanting the GT500 when it comes out and if I was going to buy a GT I wouldn't pay more than sticker. He seemed put off by my honesty.

Your right though Shreveport is not a hotbed of performance car activity.

DCAN87

Established Member
NICE GT florida chris!!!! :bowdown: Wanna race sometime. I have a GT too. Look in my avatar :thumbsup: jk. But very nice car!

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
venom279 said:
It is to correct a leaky rear main seal.. ;-)

:beer:

Get outta here...LOL...this fix has been around for at least 30 years or so. The speedy-sleeve technique was used by people too cheap (or too broke) to get a new crank, where the crank had a groove worn in it from the front timing cover seal (front crank seal).

The more things change, the more things stay the same. :D

fast1

I want a Cobra
Established Member
Florida Chris said:
I too prefered the look of the standard wheels. However, when I did the deal on the car I had the dealer throw in a set of the optional forged wheels as well. I intend to mount a set of track rubber on the forged wheels and put them on the car for track days.
Nice car man! You should get some video's of it. That would be sweet :)

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
hey man, have you did in big smoky burnouts? or better yet, how about some donuts? i know i wouldnt be able to resist if i had one of those beasts. you should make a video of it some time.

Vic

Established Member
Donuts and burnouts! Uh huh....

Maybe we could ask them to jump a row of buses, that'd be so cool!

Last edited:

GT-Power

Established Member
barondw said:
Very, very few which is an annoyance to owners.

How would you know?

Oh, right, you KNOW somebody who owns one, rather than owning one yourself.

BUSTED!!!! :burn: :loser:

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
GT-Power said:
How would you know?

Oh, right, you KNOW somebody who owns one, rather than owning one yourself.

BUSTED!!!! :burn: :loser:

Ummm, he actually does own one.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
GT-Power said:
Ummm, no. :bash:

Or are we talking about Chevy-powered products now??? :wf:

He owns a Z06 too...

What makes you say he doesn't own it? The post on corvetteforum? There are reasons for that...

:poke:

GT-Power

Established Member
DBK said:
He owns a Z06 too...

What makes you say he doesn't own it? The post on corvetteforum? There are reasons for that...

:poke:

Do you believe everything that you read on the Internet? What about the tooth fairy???:poke: Me neither.... :p

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
GT-Power said:
Do you believe everything that you read on the Internet? What about the tooth fairy???:poke: Me neither.... :p

Of course not. But I've talked to him via PM's quite a bit about the car, and I see no reason to not believe him...

GT-Power

Established Member
DBK said:
Of course not. But I've talked to him via PM's quite a bit about the car, and I see no reason to not believe him...

Ask to see the registration. ...or continue to live in fantasy-land. Your choice...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
GT-Power said:
Ask to see the registration. ...or continue to live in fantasy-land. Your choice...

Well, if he isn't being truthful...Why is it such a big deal to you, being in Dearborn and all?

Just out of curiosity, do you own a GT?

p.s I wouldn't quite call believing someone on the internet when they say they own a car "fantasy land"...

Vic

Established Member
GT-power,

What is it about Dave that makes you think he doesn't own a GT?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread