Does anyone that posts in here actually own a GT?

Fourcam330

Established Member
NFS said:
Waiting for it to come in. Car is built, waiting the A-arm retrofit.
They tell me that all the cars that are built, and awaiting, will have the redesigned A-arms by the end of May. So, hopefully by the 1st week in June at the latest.

Does it have the speed sleeve on the crank yet?

NFS

Established Member
I don't know, does anyone know the official recall list for the car?

Fourcam330

Established Member
NFS said:
I don't know, does anyone know the official recall list for the car?

A friend of mine is the service manager at a dealership in my home town. They were the first to perform all twelve TSBs, lol, it took them 2 days to pull the motor with 2 Ford GT engineers present. Off hand I can't think of them all but I could get the list without too much trouble if you really want it.
As Brian said the the speedisleeve is used to remedy a leaky rear main seal. Evidently as the GT cranks were being polished the lame ass dragged his emory cloth down the length of the crank instead of holding it in one place. This embedded a flow path for the oil to follow right down the length of the crank and out the rear main seal :bash:

venom279

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Evidently as the GT cranks were being polished the lame ass dragged his emory cloth down the length of the crank instead of holding it in one place. This embedded a flow path for the oil to follow right down the length of the crank and out the rear main seal :bash:

X2..... :kaboom:

NFS

Established Member
Fourcam330, if it's not to much trouble, could you get that list?
thanks,
NFS

03'Darin

Established Member
NFS said:
Fourcam330, if it's not to much trouble, could you get that list?
thanks,
NFS

If you PM me your vin # I'll run it on Oasis. That will tell you exactly what recalls YOUR car has open on it.

Darin

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
There's another member here who owns a Ford GT. His his username is JBS Motorsports. He's a great guy, and his GT is Blue with white stripes. I got one hairy ride in it, and I only wish that I could own one (but don't we all?). Beautiful cars!!!!

Florida Chris

Established Member
Lightning Kid said:
So who in here are going to modify their gt?

Putting in 4 point Schroth harnesses this weekend. I will likely install the SVT/Borla headers and exhaust when they become available this summer. Waiting on other upgrades from SVT.

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
Your GT is very nice, I finnaly got to see one in person last week at the local ford dealer. I would have never expected them to get one in as Shreveport is not that big of a market for performance cars, i have only seen about 5 Cobras on the road around here.I the standard wheels better than the optional BBS wheels the one I saw has.

They had a 78,000$ market adjustment mark up. lol
total was like 256,000$

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
1 bad bullitt said:
I like the standard wheels better than the optional BBS wheels on the one I saw has.
YES!! Me too. The wheels on Chris's car are the ones that I like the best. They're heavier than the optional forged ones are, but I think that they look better.

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
As far as people that own GT's on the forum...I'm not one of them, but I know a couple people personally that do. A buddy of mine that owns a local Ford dealership recently took delivery on his after the wait for all the recalled vehicles to get taken care of. His was in production at the time the recall was in effect. Also another friend that owns a chain of dealerships here in Illinois recently won a GT at a Las Vegas raffle. It was at some convention for dealers. Unfortunately that one won't be around for me to gaze at, it will likely be sold soon.

I'd also like to formally congratulate Florida Chris on his purchase of the GT. Must be doing something right in life :beer:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Florida Chris said:
As an owner, I can tell you that I don't care if you own a GT or not. Knowledge is knowledge and the best probably comes from non-owners. I bet the talented engineers at Ford that developed this chassis and engine do not actually own one, but they are truly experts. I was privileged to speak with one of them on the phone yesterday regarding racing harnesses. Very impressive guy.

You seem like the right kind of person to own a masterpiece like this. I was just at the Ferrari Challenge trying to talk to the stuck up Ferrari owners. They didn't know jack. I tried to introduce myself to some of them, and they would turn their backs on my like they were Parisians or something. They actually hired people to race their cars. The only people that were personable were the mechanics and racers.

It's good to have someone like you as an owner of Ford's finest. In a few years, I'll join the club too. Have fun with the beast, and don't be forced to send it to a body shop anytime soon.

Florida Chris

Established Member
BillyGman said:
YES!! Me too. The wheels on Chris's car are the ones that I like the best. They're heavier than the optional forged ones are, but I think that they look better.

I too prefered the look of the standard wheels. However, when I did the deal on the car I had the dealer throw in a set of the optional forged wheels as well. I intend to mount a set of track rubber on the forged wheels and put them on the car for track days.

Users who are viewing this thread