Does anyone on here brew their own beer? Post up your brew setups

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
So recently I have been getting really serious about learning how to brew my own beer, was curious to see how many on SVTP brew their own beer and what kind of brew setups they have so post up what ya got fellas!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

1996slowbra

Established Member
Me and my dad started with one of these a couple years back, since then we have modified it and bought new items as need.

Personal Home Brewery #3 - Bottling Deluxe | MoreBeer

We are pretty lucky we have a Beer Beer and More Beer about a mile and a half from our house. We have been experimenting trying to make our own beers. Recently made a Black IPA that turned out pretty good. No pics right now as I am at work but i will try and take a couple the next chance i get.

stangin99

Established Member
I do!

Have done several extract kits, and soon stepping up to all-grain. Everything has come out excellent so far.

Looking forward to make my own all-grain recipe(s) very soon.

stang03

Mach 1 Fanatic
Established Member
How do you market your product? Are you making a profit?

Not yet, we are still looking for a location to set up shop. Alabama laws are crazy!

As far as marketing, we have just done a lot of face time with local bars, they are excited and ready to have our brews on tap; we have met with distributors to sell our beer so when we actually hit the taps the distributor will do a lot of the marketing for us.

Machdup1

Established Member
I do the bucket to Carboy method, just finished a batch of hefe weissen that is actually pretty good. Its a fun hobby. Just remember to place your bottles in a water tight container during bottle conditioning and carboration. I had one blow, scared the shit out of me. It went all over the flat paint in my dining room, staining it. My wife was pissed.

stang03

Mach 1 Fanatic
Established Member
What forums are good for info? Thank you to everyone who has posted so far, anyone got pics?

I frequent homebrewtalk.com....it has been a huge help!

So far we have made an IPA, Irish Red, Sweet Potato Ale, Nut Brown Ale, Porter and are fixin to brew a Christmas Stout!

You can check us out on Facebook or online; Salty Nut Brewery

Machdup1

Established Member
What forums are good for info? Thank you to everyone who has posted so far, anyone got pics?

Start with equipment kits and beer kits and brew a couple of batches before trying to put together your own recipe. Nothing worse than spending a month tending to a batch to have turn out bad. I made a batch that was so over carbonated that when you poured it you would get one inch of beer and six inches of foam. It worked out though because it also had twice the alcohol.:beer:

See if there is a beer supply store in your area and go down talk to them. Every brew store i've ever been in had nice people working behind the counter.

AKcobra

Established Member
It's a blast! Takes a lot of time and patience, but worth it! Start with an extract kit. Makes it easier starting out. I'm drinking a home brew milk stout right now!

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Me and my dad started with one of these a couple years back, since then we have modified it and bought new items as need.

Personal Home Brewery #3 - Bottling Deluxe | MoreBeer

We are pretty lucky we have a Beer Beer and More Beer about a mile and a half from our house. We have been experimenting trying to make our own beers. Recently made a Black IPA that turned out pretty good. No pics right now as I am at work but i will try and take a couple the next chance i get.
Lucky duck, Ive been eyeballing their beersculptures as I am hoping to enjoy brewing my own beer for many years to come and I like the idea of how its easy to expand on it.

I have actually started my own brewery! Love brewing!!

Sweet!! :banana:

I do!

Have done several extract kits, and soon stepping up to all-grain. Everything has come out excellent so far.

Looking forward to make my own all-grain recipe(s) very soon.
Ultimately this is what I would like to end up doing, I will likely do a few extract brews to learn the basics and learn the ins and outs of the steps of brewing but eventually would like to only do this form of brewing.

Not yet, we are still looking for a location to set up shop. Alabama laws are crazy!

As far as marketing, we have just done a lot of face time with local bars, they are excited and ready to have our brews on tap; we have met with distributors to sell our beer so when we actually hit the taps the distributor will do a lot of the marketing for us.

Must be a dream come true :beer: Good luck with your opening, and may your business prosper!

I do the bucket to Carboy method, just finished a batch of hefe weissen that is actually pretty good. Its a fun hobby. Just remember to place your bottles in a water tight container during bottle conditioning and carboration. I had one blow, scared the shit out of me. It went all over the flat paint in my dining room, staining it. My wife was pissed.

:lol1: I will take your advice and learn from your mistake, thank you sir :beer:

Start with equipment kits and beer kits and brew a couple of batches before trying to put together your own recipe. Nothing worse than spending a month tending to a batch to have turn out bad. I made a batch that was so over carbonated that when you poured it you would get one inch of beer and six inches of foam. It worked out though because it also had twice the alcohol.:beer:

See if there is a beer supply store in your area and go down talk to them. Every brew store i've ever been in had nice people working behind the counter.
Thanks for the advice and I just found out theres a brew store not 3 minutes from my house! :rockon:

Will these setups makes E-85?

:lol1::lol1:

It's a blast! Takes a lot of time and patience, but worth it! Start with an extract kit. Makes it easier starting out. I'm drinking a home brew milk stout right now!

Yum, send some of that my way :dancenana:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread