Does anybody run the YSI blower?

Tx5.0

Established Member
I know I'll be upgrading from my V3 soon and shoot for 850-900whp (poor little mt82). Looking at the turbo route as well, but curious to see why no one really talks about the YSI when its only a few hundred bucks more than a 2200.

I know in the corvette world they have the 2200r. Just a beefed up YSI I think but no talk about that blower here either... Bring in all comments and opinions!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Just my opinion and I certainly don't have all the answers but spinning a blower that big without a 10 rib, or cog, or some other way of ensuring belt traction seems like you'd be wasting a lot of efficiency.

The v3 is such a badass blower and seems sized so perfectly for the coyote.

The 2200 I had was lazy down low. Not a whole lot of fun at low boost levels.

Just remeber the bigger you go, the softer and more lazy it will react down low. For a max effort 15-20+ psi set up I'm sure a YSI is sick but there are BETTER options IMO---turbo! :poke:

Understand you're already set up for a Vortech style unit and the YSI would be such an easy swap, but honestly.... I don't think you'll be happy with it most of the time.

If you drag race the car more than you cruise or DD it, then I say go for it.

Otherwise... Take the turbo plunge and don't look back.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
It would be nice to see a chart comparing what rpm boost comes in at on all 3 of them.

phil h

Established Member
I was in the same boat as i had a v3 and was looking to go bigger. I ended up with an on3 kit and couldn't be happier with my choice.

20lbbooster

Established Member
I'm upgrading from a v3 to a billet YSI. I'm also going with a built short block so I'll be running 15+psi.

Bradleypro

Established Member
I know I'll be upgrading from my V3 soon and shoot for 850-900whp (poor little mt82). Looking at the turbo route as well, but curious to see why no one really talks about the YSI when its only a few hundred bucks more than a 2200.

I know in the corvette world they have the 2200r. Just a beefed up YSI I think but no talk about that blower here either... Bring in all comments and opinions!

I'm running ysi. If I did it again I'd go billet jt

Tx5.0

Established Member
I'm running ysi. If I did it again I'd go billet jt

I would like to know some input as well on this. Any belt slip, high AIT's?

Gimmie I know you're throwing those turbos at me but just want to get all the info before I decide on what I want to do.

Bradleypro

Established Member
I would like to know some input as well on this. Any belt slip, high AIT's?

Gimmie I know you're throwing those turbos at me but just want to get all the info before I decide on what I want to do.
I'm getting belt slip with a 3 inch pulley with 8 rib setup and od balancer but I'm changing from 373s to 331s so may be that'll help. But my tuner was having a hard time because it's so aggressive. And I bought the pro m and then realized jms mass air modifier wouldbe worked alot better or if I relocate the mass air. Anyway billet jt or turbo in my opion us way to go

Bradleypro

Established Member
Also if I get this 3 inch pulley to stick also doing cams intake and switching to e85. Hoping for 1000k plus which should be feasable.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
If I didn't have to pay for a retune I'd trade my Paxton for a v3 but it would end up costing me money. :(

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
as far as the blowers are concerned, it depends on power goals

the 2200 is pretty comfortable at 800-850 wheel,

the jt can get you just over 1000 wheel

billet jt we haven't maxed yet, but should bet you 1050 or better, but won't drop boost as hard after peaking

the ysi should be good for about 1100 wheel

billet ysi somewhere between 1150-1200 and again, won't drop as hard after peaking

rengedgade ysi.. 1200+

and the xi, not sure,, but were gonna find out :)

Users who are viewing this thread