Does 90mm Lightning MAF used in a Cobra require a retune?

MaximusDecimus

Established Member
Hi guys, I have been searching the forums and decided i just need to ask. I got a 90mm Lightning MAF and am planning on using it for my 04 Cobra. I have read conflicting responses as to whether or not it is a direct swap or if I need a retune and what exactly the differences are between the two MAF's. So if there is a good thread that explains all this feel free to link me to that, otherwise some input from learned people on the subject would be appreciated! Thanks

racebronco2

Established Member
I don't know to much about the lightning motors but the injectors could be different sizes therefor the lightning maf would need a re-tune. Why do you want to put a lightning maf on your car anyways? It's not going to give you anymore hp. If you already have a lightning maf just put it on and see what happens. If you had am a/f gauge you could see without a doubt if it works or not.

95SC

Banned
They are exactly the same Mafs , you don't need any changes to use one on your Cobra.

95SC

Banned
I bought the car wrecked and it was missing the entire intake. A friend of mine had a lightning maf so I just bought it off him in hopes it would work. But I think it may be calibrated different for the higher psi injectors.

Lightning 42lb injectors are rated at 43.5 psi , Cobra 39lb injectors are rated at 39.1 psi .if you put them both at the same fuel pressure they're the same size injectors.

Users who are viewing this thread