Does 2015 gt manifold flow better then the boss.

draxxus131

Established Member
The engine is still the same so it will bolt up regardless, PBH already did a test on a 15 GT 5.0 showing the boss manifold makes power over the stock manifold. They performed the tests out of curiosity for powerband reasons not so much for relevance in power or torque.

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
I would like to know how the 11-14 gt manifold compares to the 15 manifold?

KILRSVT

Established Member
^^^^ I think they can change the length of the runners , it's a variable intake manifold so it probable flows a little better than the stock 11-14 coyote manifold.

ExTurbo

Established Member
^^^^ I think they can change the length of the runners , it's a variable intake manifold so it probable flows a little better than the stock 11-14 coyote manifold.

Not quite, the 15 has "charge motion control valves" The runners stay the same length, the valves open and close based on throttle position and engine load IIUC...however they do accomplish a similar end goal.

ExTurbo

Established Member
So would it benefit an 11-14 car to put the 15 manifold on?

Keep in mind that a non s550 car wont be able to take advantage of the valves in the intake manifold. Also the 15 has more aggressive cams and higher flowing cylinder heads. without seeing results my guess would be that there is power to be made with the 2015 intake over the 11-14, however, id be willing to bet the results would be less than spectacular.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Saw video of Bama tuning and said stock manifold is better then boss. Now does the intake fit on are cars and does it actually perform better

BADSEED - Hey, that's a pretty good question and from what we've seen from the Bama Team the 302 IM absolutely does fit but if you decide to run it we would definitely recommend some supporting modifications like LT's/Mid-Pipe etc, given that you're running an X pipe I think you would be fine. It's usually not that beneficial when you're running a couple mods as you're going to lose some power down low.

To address the stock manifold vs Boss - initially we did see that the 2015 Coyote IM does flow much better than the 11-14 GT's. Early on when testing Bama's 9 second 2015 they were having great luck with the stock manifold but after collecting further data they found that the Boss manifold does indeed flow more air and will show some big power gains up top. The Boss IM also was able to correct any nitrous issues that the stock manifold was creating. Again remember this was very early when the '15 was released and the Bama team was scrambling to go as fast as possible in a short amount of time. That's why you're seeing them switch back and forth to get them into the 9's. Feel free to check out The Build on their car from start to finish and let me know if you're to have any questions!

96lasersvt

Established Member
Anybody know if the 15 heads will work on a 11-14. I would think since they flow better, a set of those with a nice valve job might make a nice upgrade. Im building an engine from scratch and need to decide which to get. If the newer ones wont work, no need to look for a set.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Keep in mind that a non s550 car wont be able to take advantage of the valves in the intake manifold. Also the 15 has more aggressive cams and higher flowing cylinder heads. without seeing results my guess would be that there is power to be made with the 2015 intake over the 11-14, however, id be willing to bet the results would be less than spectacular.

This is pretty much it. Putting an S550 manifold on an S197 would pretty much be a waste of time.

Users who are viewing this thread