Dodged a $62,000 Bullet Today Thanks to my SgtMaj

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
LMAO WTF Marine that was great. OP glad to hear everything worked out for ya. Where are you stationed?

Steve03SVT

Semper Fi
Established Member
Yeah, things definitely worked out in my favor and very thankful for that. WTF Marine 1 is good, but I like WTF Marine 2 a little better. Im stationed at Cherry Point for the time being, headed to 7th Comm Bn in Okinawa come May.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6mMLEFmdI8"]YouTube- What the **** Marine! Part 2[/ame]

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
ooo, 7th crime...good luck!

Oki is good, but that particular camp is less than pleasant, especially if ppl are being stupid.

FEARED

Established Member
So your BAH rate was changed? or you still were recieving BAH when you were not entitled to it? IF thats the case how did you not know you were recieving an extra 800 bucks (give or take a few hundred) a month?

I'm NAVY, our system works different, just trying to understand whats going on.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats on getting this issue resolved. Goodluck on your PCS too, I just PCS'ed out to Okinawa from Quantico this past June, its a good time out here.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
So your BAH rate was changed? or you still were recieving BAH when you were not entitled to it? IF thats the case how did you not know you were recieving an extra 800 bucks (give or take a few hundred) a month?

I'm NAVY, our system works different, just trying to understand whats going on.

Because he was unaware that it was supposed to be terminated.

Similar incident with me and comrats. I had been getting it since day one and didn't rate. In total I got a little over 4,300 from the Corps. The captain asked me if I wanted to pay it back (as he laughed) and I said no. He told S-1 that it was their mistake and not my problem. Again it's great to have good leadership.

Marc

Established Member
Its amazing that a Chief, Sgt Major, Master Chief, etc...can do by just picking up a phone. I have cut through BS red tape with no more than a phone call.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
haha those WTF Marine videos are great. Ive never seen those before.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
*Remember I'm a Marine* Ok, Ill try to keep this as short as possible. Way back in 2006, I was going thru a divorce and living out in town. Once the divorce was final, I applied for BAH (basic allowance for housing) own right. Meaning, that since I was now single and didn't technically rate BAH, I had to apply for it. Back then I was a young Corporal. My S-1 shop merely told me that my package had been approved and i would start receiving my BAH. Cool, awesome, so I went on about my business, living out in town for the past 6 years.

Well, today I get phone call from IPAC saying there is a discrepancy with my pay. Further into the conversation, I find out that the original package for BAH was to terminate on Oct 31 2006 <--- This I was not aware of. I never stopped getting the BAH pay, so I was told I would owe the government 3 years worth of BAH, roughly $31,000!! I was at a loss for words at this point in time.

This information quickly ran up the chain of command and soon I was standing tall in front of the SgtMaj. Luckily the SgtMaj likes me pretty well and Im a squared away Marine. He made a few phone calls and soon the problem was resolved. A friend of his who works in the right place is gonna take care of the paperwork for my BAH. I am very thankful to have an awesome ass SgtMaj that takes care of his troops. :beer:

I am very thankful you put a reason for editing. I clicked on the thread titled "Dodged a $62,000 bullet today thanks to my SgtMaj." But when I read the post I was like...$31,000?! Am I losing my mind?

Users who are viewing this thread