Dodge "Viper Truck"

Shoey

www.modularfords.com
Established Member
I went to Dodge today to look at the SRT-10. We want something that can haul stuff (wifes idea) and i want something that hauls ass (my idea). So, they had a silver one and a black one. They look BAD ASS on the outside...22" rims stock cool hood and it looks sporty. He opened the hood and there it was....the Viper engine...the trucks a 6-speed also. We work the numbers and come to a "reasonable" deal. So, i go on a test drive in the 500hp viper truck. Cruising down 215 in 3rd i'm checking it out...nice interior shifter is one of the best i have ever felt. Has a 10" sbu between the seats and the radio sounds good. We turn onto Rainbow and i see that the truck is warmed up so i get on it hard in 2nd and a little of 3rd....and it sucked. Sounded nice handles nice but it has no power. I mean it's faster than a S-10. But, not 500hp worth unless it weighs 7 tons or something. I get on it a little more and it's not impressive at all. We, get back to the dealer and the "manager" comes out and is like "so, fastest thing you have ever been in huh?" I told him not to insult his truck but it kinda sucked. He told me that it run's 0 - 60 in 3.2 sec and the 1/4 in 11.5. the Mclaren F1 doesn't even do that...lol. I played dumb and told him that i still think it sucked and that the 04 lightning with just a pulley and tune would OWN it. He told me that he would bet money that the "viper truck" would win.

Any way just thought i would let you guy's know it's not fast and NOT worth 50K. I don't know how many of you have driven a viper. But, you know when you romp on a viper that it's fast and you can feel the power and torque. The SRT-10 feels like a silverado with a exhaust. Not flaming dodge but maybe i drove a lemon....it wasn't impressive at all.

B

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
That manager should be fired.:bored:

Chalk up another vote for the L :thumbsup:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I know they don't dyno all the much especially in the torque department...I remember 9seconds on SRT10forums dyno just a little more rwtq than I did...with about 60 more rwhp. I think they look very nice. I haven't driven one but I doubt they're worth 50k

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I've heard bone stock lightnings with good tires will take them easily.

Their 1/4 mile time is more like mid to high 13's. And if they think it has a faster 0-60 then a ZO-6, they're smoking something.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
i would guess august/september of 2005 as a 2006 vehicle.
+ ford wants it out soon to compete with dodge(like the 03 cobra that was out summer of 02)
- ford has a reputation of new lines being delayed(05 mustang that ford wanted out in the summer of 04, like the original stang)

Users who are viewing this thread