Dodge Demon vs. SRT Hellcat | 1/2 Mile Drag Race // Is the 840HP Challenger Worth The Price?

ArabianOak

Established Member
Gotta admit, really think the demon is ALOT of car for the money! Just wondering what a hellcat with a pulley and tune would do...that wouldn't cost anywhere near the 20k price difference. What a great time to be alive! lol

chris1badL

Established Member
I had 2015 HC challenger. Car had some bolt ons that made 800 on pump through stock exhaust. Cars would be legit if wasn't so heavy. Here's a dyno
FB_IMG_1547260881872.jpg

Kiohtee

Established Member
It’s a great daily.
I hear a widebody Redeye Charger is coming.
-J

Oh I bet! I just stick to older Honda's as there isn't a temptation to modify and when something goes wrong it's not that expensive. Lol

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
From a $:HP standpoint, it’s probably a better buy to go with a HC.

But it’s like this in a lot of comparisons. Base GTs are probably cheaper to make power out of than a GT350/GT500, same for an SS to ZL1.

The price we (buyers of higher models) pay is for exclusivity, “newness”, and a better performing stock platform.

One of thise may not be the primary reason, but they all factor in to the price.

And despite having said all that, if Ford had a “Demon” model around 85K, I probably would be saved up a larger down payment back in 2012 when I bouht the ‘13.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Same here! Big time.
Money isn't the issue, it's the long crappy winters holding me back.

I go back and forth on this almost weekly. Last nights ice covered drive back from the airport didnt help lol. Im still telling myself that snowtires will be enough up here.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Same here! Big time.
Money isn't the issue, it's the long crappy winters holding me back.

Even though our winters are nothing compared to yours and the north in general, that too is a factor that holds me back from something RWD year round.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I go back and forth on this almost weekly. Last nights ice covered drive back from the airport didnt help lol. Im still telling myself that snowtires will be enough up here.
Even though our winters are nothing compared to yours and the north in general, that too is a factor that holds me back from something RWD year round.
Yeah, it does suck guys. If it weren't for the winters, I'd have to ordered one in either Destroyer Grey with the black carbon stripes or the GoMango Orange with black carbon stripes.
The best winter tires aren't going to cut it when you have snow that about 5-6" tall on your driveway and other areas around here. I'd be scraping the hard packed snow all the time because I'd have to be lowered 1" all the way around as well. :mad: lol

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I wish they'd make a Charger Demon, make it lighter than a Challenger Demon by removing rear seats and making rear doors aluminum.
Not exactly that, but a Widebody Redeye Charger seems to be coming. Demon engine, more tire, slightly worse aero.
A completely stock Charger HC went like 211 and 209 return on a certified top speed run. Crazy. I daily mine, about to swap snow tires for DRs, and have been 172 and it definitely wasn’t done pulling.
-J

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Not exactly that, but a Widebody Redeye Charger seems to be coming. Demon engine, more tire, slightly worse aero.
A completely stock Charger HC went like 211 and 209 return on a certified top speed run. Crazy. I daily mine, about to swap snow tires for DRs, and have been 172 and it definitely wasn’t done pulling.
-J
I wasnt talking about top speed, i just want to see a demon trim charger.

Id like to see video of this top speed run. I did not know the charger can go higher top speed than the viper.

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
-J

How was your experience on snow tires? I bought a Charger Scat Pack back in December and will daily it at some point. I took it out once in a 3ish inch snow on the stock all season goodyears and it moved better than I expected. When my current FWD car eventually goes away, I plan to get a set of 18's with snow tires for winter. I have heard they handle the snow surprisingly well.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I love the car on performance snow tires. Whenever it rains or snows I just put the car in Eco mode.
I’ll try to post some snow donut vids :)
I run V-rated Yokohama w.drive OEM size 275/40/20s.
Likely 18s would work better but the Hellcat brakes are huge and I had the stock rims available.
Not sure I can say a 700hp RWD sedan is ideal for winter, but the heavy weight and quality traction control and Eco mode all make it work.
Just don’t go cheap on the tires and you’ll have a chance.
-J

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I love the car on performance snow tires. Whenever it rains or snows I just put the car in Eco mode.
Likely 18s would work better but the Hellcat brakes are huge and I had the stock rims available.
Not sure I can say a 700hp RWD sedan is ideal for winter, but the heavy weight and quality traction control and Eco mode all make it work.
-J

You give me hope my friend, my wife has already said she doesnt care what I buy as long as I dont EVER bug her for a ride. Still trying to convince myself to be honest, been looking real hard at the SRT Durango too.

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
-J

Good info, thanks! I opted away from the dynamics package because of 18's not fitting over the 6 piston brembo's (and the high cost of brakes). I figured I would look at blizzaks when the time came. Like you, I threw it in eco and also into valet mode, both really tame the car down ( I can only imagine in a hellcat). Ground clearance is another concern but they usually keep the roads plowed down so I don't know that I would encounter super deep snow.

Users who are viewing this thread