Dodge Demon vs McLaren 720s (roll races)

72SBC

Established Member
Oh good lawrdy. If I didn’t have the last 3 pedal sedan on the planet I would strongly consider a ZL1.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The ZL1 catching the Demon from behind, was about as big a kick in the balls as you could get, lol.

That's what surprised me the most. It's one thing for the ZL1 to run away from it. Something else when it ran it down from 3+ cars behind and still freight trained it before the race ended. And this is prime weather; cool temps, low humidy. The Demon should be killing it right now.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
That's what surprised me the most. It's one thing for the ZL1 to run away from it. Something else when it ran it down from 3+ cars behind and still freight trained it before the race ended. And this is prime weather; cool temps, low humidy. The Demon should be killing it right now.
One of those things only car guys understand, it's demoralizing when you have someone start behind you, only to run right by like you're standing still. Especially by a CAI and tune only car. Not a Camaro fan, but I would lean hard towards this as it can not only walk a Demon, but can tear through corners too.

bigja01cobra

Established Member
Something isnt adding up here Hellcats and ZL1s are neck in neck. How is it the Demon is that much slower? Are the transmissions identical between the hellcat and demon? gearing issues maybe? I know they have different rear, could the huge tires up front slow it down that much?

Doesnt make any sense at all

ZL1 is quick

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Something isnt adding up here Hellcats and ZL1s are neck in neck. How is it the Demon is that much slower? Are the transmissions identical between the hellcat and demon? gearing issues maybe? I know they have different rear, could the huge tires up front slow it down that much?

ZL1 is quick
Im wondering if the Demon's transmission is slower at down shifting? There is still a weight difference between the challenger (demon @ 4280lbs compared to 3880lbs).

Jefe

Established Member
ZL1 is quick
The Demon isn't slower, in fact its almost a full second faster than the quickest tire only Hellcat. Its the driver behind the wheel and he's either not using the red key, not in 808/840hp mode, or has never driven a fast car before. This video makes it very clear he has no clue how to drive it

Heres a bone stock Demon(808hp) vs a high 9 second Hellcat(860rwhp) in the half mile. My bone stock 621rwhp Hellcat did 156 and this one spun pretty bad.

The yellow Demon has run a 10.2 at 132mph in AZ(2,300 DA). Actually here's video of the Demon beating a ludicrous Tesla

Last edited:

72SBC

Established Member
The Demon isn't slower, in fact its almost a full second faster than the quickest tire only Hellcat. Its the driver behind the wheel and he's either not using the red key, not in 808/840hp mode, or has never driven a fast car before. This video makes it very clear he has no clue how to drive it

That red one got beat up... and it was a roll, and automatic.. kinda takes all the excuses out when a car with at least 100 less rwp pulls past it..

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Maybe the Demon is just too optimized for the drag strip and is much less effective on the street.

Jefe

Established Member
That red one got beat up... and it was a roll, and automatic.. kinda takes all the excuses out when a car with at least 100 less rwp pulls past it..
A Hellcat is neck and neck with the ZL1 so something is up with the Demons settings, the driver or its simply a traction issue. There should be a lot more Demon videos out in the next month proving this is a fluke and we will see a modded Demon beat the Hellcat 1/4 mile record
Maybe the Demon is just too optimized for the drag strip and is much less effective on the street.
So you're ignoring the 40mph half mile roll race video above where it led almost the entire race a Hellcat with 150 more HP

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

So you're ignoring the 40mph half mile roll race video above where it led almost the entire race a Hellcat with 150 more HP

The one where we can see the Hellcat wiggling trying to get traction at the beginning of the race and still passed the Demon by the halfway point and posted an 8MPH faster trap speed? That video?

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'd expect high altitude to favor the turbo car; a SC car has a fixed pressure multiplier, so lower DA translates directly to lower power, while a turbo car with an electronic wastegate can compensate (to a degree) for lower ambient air density.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Im pretty sure dragtimes guy has a lawyer to squash this. Almost half the car content on youtube is someone speeding anyways.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
"Men with fast cars" hmmm assuming gender... Good job cbs.

What do all of these "Vlog" dumbasses think is going to happen? Back in the day we tried to stay as anonymous as possible, now everybody has turned a street racing video into a 15 min interview with faces, names, tags, street signs all in view plain as day. I guess they are in for the big money, but at the end of the day, that money does no good once FHP and some bitch ass news company are out to get you.

I watch youtube and most street racing videos despite having WAY more powerful and exotic cars featured compared to the past are ****ing awful, boring and awful.

Users who are viewing this thread