Dodge Demon vs McLaren 720s (roll races)

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
How long before a class action lawsuit by Demon owners against Dodge? lol
I actually heard this mentioned the other day.

Literally nothing will come from it though. Dodge has proof that they ran a 9.65@140. The only way anyone gets a dime out of them is if they somehow prove the record setting car was making more power/weighed less than the production cars.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Dodge should have made those "fastest/quickest" claims with an asterisk saying on a well prepped track sporting the slicks and skinnies, running race gas.

The demon from a dig on the street will still have a hard time launching.

If anybody needs to be told that, they certainly don't need a Demon.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Wonder if something was wrong with this Demon, too, or if it needed a driver mod.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
There must be something about the cars that doesn't let them hit very hard from a roll.

FWIW, that green Lamborghini is supercharged. He said it makes 850hp, so the hefty ass kicking is fully expected.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
There must be something about the cars that doesn't let them hit very hard from a roll.

FWIW, that green Lamborghini is supercharged. He said it makes 850hp, so the hefty ass kicking is fully expected.

Is it, though? Dodge made this bed for themselves by claiming the Demon is faster than 900+HP supercars and hypercars. So an 850HP supercharged Lambo should still be well within striking distance. Yet, even the much less powerful 570S freight trains the Demon. It probably has something to do with the gearing as to why it sucks so badly at roll racing.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^ it has to down shift and in the age of DCT transmissions, the demon doesnt have a chance from a roll.

I'm curious to see what owners can do from a dig, I think the car will have a tough time too. That's gotta be the reason there arent many dig races on YT with the demon.

Never_Enough

Established Member
^ it has to down shift and in the age of DCT transmissions, the demon doesnt have a chance from a roll.

I'm curious to see what owners can do from a dig, I think the car will have a tough time too. That's gotta be the reason there arent many dig races on YT with the demon.
They are hitting 9s with ease from a dig. Demon owners need to stick to dig racing.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
They are hitting 9s with ease from a dig. Demon owners need to stick to dig racing.

I wouldn't say with ease. There's been, what, 1 person to break into the 9s with a 9.85 so far? Everybody else is in the 10s or slower.

My94GT

Established Member
Is it, though? Dodge made this bed for themselves by claiming the Demon is faster than 900+HP supercars and hypercars. So an 850HP supercharged Lambo should still be well within striking distance. Yet, even the much less powerful 570S freight trains the Demon. It probably has something to do with the gearing as to why it sucks so badly at roll racing.

Where did Dodge make any claims about its ability to roll race? For that matter where did they make a claim it would perform at top level on the in prepped street?

I could be mistaken as I didn’t follow it super close but wasn’t this claimed as a car to be driven on the street with a warranty, that you could strap their drag set up on, and the higher octane fuel tune and run 9s?

Now maybe there was fault in the fact that they made a hero run and made claims based off this but it’s funny at least to me people are pitting a lowly dodge against super cars and in some way are surprised it doesn’t out perform them lol

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

I could be mistaken as I didn’t follow it super close but wasn’t this claimed as a car to be driven on the street with a warranty, that you could strap their drag set up on, and the higher octane fuel tune and run 9s?

Now maybe there was fault in the fact that they made a hero run and made claims based off this but it’s funny at least to me people are pitting a lowly dodge against super cars and in some way are surprised it doesn’t out perform them lol

That's exactly what was claimed by Dodge, and it's generally not happening. Dodge is the one who pitted the Demon against supercars. They opened that gate, not us.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I wouldn't say with ease. There's been, what, 1 person to break into the 9s with a 9.85 so far? Everybody else is in the 10s or slower.
9.85 with an aftermarket tune making an extra 100hp at that.

That first video running the 570, the whine you hear as it fades away I suspect is the owners ego and not the blower screaming, lol.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
ouch

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread