dodge charger scat pack?

89stang

Established Member
Never had anything muscle car wise but mustangs. Looking for opinions on the dodge charger with the 6.4 scat pack. Good bad ect. Anything is appreciated

89stang

Established Member
No boost maybe an exhaust and some suspension mods. It would be an everyday driver since my son is too small to big to sit in the back seat of the mustang. I was curious about the reliability of them also

Kiohtee

Established Member
As mentioned already, glass motors when boosted and about 500HP cars with bolt-ons. They're extremely comfortable, reliable and are overall quality cars.

I would love to daily drive one.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Great daily. All the power, and handles better than you'd expect a 4400# boat to.
Mine went 12.3x on stock 245 Goodyears...they get down. 12.0 on a 275 Nitto.
Get a Tazer, enable Eco mode (19s may already have it) and it will knock down 27-28 MPG at 85 MPH on 4 cylinders :)

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
I bought a 19 in F8 green in December, have about 3k miles on it so far. I plan to use it as a daily driver at some point (still have my old fusion to split dd duties with). Overall I really like it so far. The engine / transmission is fantastic and has plenty of power for me, I don't plan to mod it. Stock exhaust system sounds great and is quiet when you are not on it. The interior is very comfortable and looks good. Michigan roads suck so the ride can be a bit harsh depending on the road, but where the cement is smooth it rides great. It sits pretty low so you have to be careful in and out of driveways but overall it has not been an issue for me. I commute 26 miles each way to work and I have been taking what I call rural city driving routes (some stop and go, minimal lights, and some open areas) and the car calculates around 20-23mpg each way. If i do the same drive on the freeway I see 25+ and there is likely some more room for improvement. Most of the MPG will depend on how much traffic you see and how you get on the throttle. Down the road when my fusion dies I plan to get a second set of 18" wheels and snow tires. I took it out this past January in about 3" snow on the stock all seasons and it wasn't too bad. Deeper snow with limited ground clearance could be the bigger issue.

If you care about following all manufacturer specs to maintain warranty, the recommended Pennzoil 0w40 seems hard to find locally (at least for me), and is quite a bit more expensive than other oils. I may just run mobil 1 since I can find it. Also, if you opt for the dynamics package, I have heard the brakes are very expensive to replace due to the 6 piston brembo setup.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Great feedback! If they offered it with a manual...I'd be headed to the dealer to buy one today.
get the challenger then. Not much different other than being a two door vs 4 door. I have had both 2017 challenger 392 as well as Charger Daytona 392. I'd get the charger for daily. The challenger if you must get manual. I wouldnt though. The 8sp auto MAKES these cars. Without it, they are pig boats.

byeofcr

Established Member
Love mine. Sounds great stock even the 8 speed is awesome. Runs hard doesn’t feel as heavy as it is.

Zemedici

Established Member
get the challenger then. Not much different other than being a two door vs 4 door. I have had both 2017 challenger 392 as well as Charger Daytona 392. I'd get the charger for daily. The challenger if you must get manual. I wouldnt though. The 8sp auto MAKES these cars. Without it, they are pig boats.

This man gets it.

The 8 speed is phenomenal.

OneSlowV

Established Member
IMG_3584.JPG

I love mine don’t mind the dragpack lol these cars will run low to mid 11s pretty easy with just lbo and tire . I think for the money there is no better sedan for what you get for the price other than the SS sedan .

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread