Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Boom goes the dynamite.

Gotta be tougher than the stock Hellcat driveshaft. All you need to break it are some good tires and prepped track

yn5SkeO-1.png

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Agreed. I was hoping Chrysler would have an entire new platform for the Challenger by now with a reduction in physical size.
Ever since the reports of a smaller Barracuda appeared, I've hope it or some smaller version of the Challenger would appear. :(

Recon

Established Member
Started reading rumors about the 'Cuda ever since the Hellcat came out.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Started reading rumors about the 'Cuda ever since the Hellcat came out.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Yeah it was suppose to be out for 2017. Now I'm seeing 2019.

Car is rumored to be on a Alfa platform and be 3,400lbs. It would be smaller - SN95 Sized

images

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Ulk...I hope that's not what she ends up looking like.

Who knows. There is a hundred renderings and rumors. One was supposed to come out in 2016 even.

I bet we won't see anything till 2020 with the 7th Gen Camaro and S550 replacement.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah it was suppose to be out for 2017. Now I'm seeing 2019.

Car is rumored to be on a Alfa platform and be 3,400lbs. It would be smaller - SN95 Sized

images
Yep, that's what I was seeing. On the Alfa platform. I like!!!

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Yep, that's what I was seeing. On the Alfa platform. I like!!!

It'll be interesting.

'16 Chevy sold 72k Camaros, down from '14's 86k.

YTD they are at 8,246.

'16 Dodge sold 65k Challengers, up from '14's 51k.

YTD they are at 9,500.

Mustang, '16 @ 106k, up from '14 @ 82k

YTD they are at 13,344.

Despite being over-priced, overweight and old, the Challenger is very popular. I think it's consumer base is heavily bros, goobers and the overweight that just want a "cool" car. (Much like the late Monte Carlo).

If FCA shrinks the car and gives it modern styling, I fear it will have the same fate the Viper and Camaro suffer.

People buy this car because they want a cushy speed boat, not because they want a corner carving sports car.

Camaro shrank, updated its styling, is arguably the best performer and it's sales are falling.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Who knows. There is a hundred renderings and rumors. One was supposed to come out in 2016 even.

I bet we won't see anything till 2020 with the 7th Gen Camaro and S550 replacement.

I'm thinking its going to coincide with one of the CAFE requirement bumps, just like ford's vehicle lineups are being updated when teh new requirements hit.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I'll believe it when I see it. I don't agree with it since Plymouth is dead. That would be like GM bringing out a Trans-Am and calling it a GMPP Trans-Am. The reason I'll believe it when I see it as well is there have been rumors and renderings for years on this as well as GM bringing back the Chevelle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I'll believe it when I see it. I don't agree with it since Plymouth is dead. That would be like GM bringing out a Trans-Am and calling it a GMPP Trans-Am. The reason I'll believe it when I see it as well is there have been rumors and renderings for years on this as well as GM bringing back the Chevelle.

GM brought out the "SS" which was more or less the "Chevelle".

I suspect the usage of the name "Barracuda" would be to separate it from the current Challenger if it's a dramatic shift in design language and size.

It's a "new car", not a smaller, uglier Challenger.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
GM brought out the "SS" which was more or less the "Chevelle".

I suspect the usage of the name "Barracuda" would be to separate it from the current Challenger if it's a dramatic shift in design language and size.

It's a "new car", not a smaller, uglier Challenger.

They will label it the SRT Barracuda if they do bring it out. The SS isn't a Chevelle it's a 4 door Holden Commodore. That's like saying the 01 and up Impala's are a impala they ruined that name.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
They will label it the SRT Barracuda if they do bring it out. The SS isn't a Chevelle it's a 4 door Holden Commodore. That's like saying the 01 and up Impala's are a impala they ruined that name.

Well if the Two-Door Holden was a GTO.... and a GTO was a Lemans, which was a Pontiac Chevelle....

And if Dodge can make a 4 door Charger and a Full Size Challenger....

And most Chevelles were 4drs.

chevrolet-chevelle-malibu-4dr-03.jpg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Well if the Two-Door Holden was a GTO.... and a GTO was a Lemans, which was a Pontiac Chevelle....

And if Dodge can make a 4 door Charger and a Full Size Challenger....

And most Chevelles were 4drs.

chevrolet-chevelle-malibu-4dr-03.jpg

The GTO was the Holden Monaro. GM marketing is a joke. As is some of the designs of there cars too. FCA is killing it right now when it comes to marketing and design. When I think of a Chevelle I think of a two door my favorite being a 70. As well as when I think of a Lemans I don't think of the four door version. Even though I like the looks of the Charger. To each there own.

Users who are viewing this thread