Dodge Challenger Owner's Really Don't Know

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Pulled up to a Challenger at a light and the first thing I noticed was the FUEL label on the gas cap. My first thought was OMG the owners of these cars have to have the fuel location on their car marked for them.

Do Dodge Challenger owners really need to have the fuel cap labeled for them?

dodge-challenger-rt-se-3_653.jpg

megameGT500

Established Member
the originals had it, they just kept the tradition.

Did Dodge Challenger owners really need to have the fuel cap labeled for them back then? IMO it's just dumb. I think labeling the fuel door doesn't look good at all. It was the first thing I noticed on the car. If there is a cool reason behind the originals I would rethink. Back in the 60's I don't believe they had the add oil location labeled like they do now.

megameGT500

Established Member

So let me get this correct. You take time out of your busy day, that probably includes getting your Challenger in running condition, to post a pointless, sacrilegious picture of Jesus with a statement that means absolutely nothing in context to him. Notwithstanding the hand gestures and eye wink and you're calling me a troll? You are about as stupid as they come. :nonono: Too bad you're not smart enough to contribute to the thread, instead you show your immature, idiotic lack of intelligence and post a picture with less value than your IQ.

RUWIZ.jpg

Last edited:

firebird1999us

Established Member
So let me get this correct. You take time out of your busy day, that probably includes getting your Challenger in running condition, to post a pointless, sacrilegious picture of Jesus with a statement that means absolutely nothing in context to him. Notwithstanding the hand gestures and eye wink and you're calling me a troll? You are about as stupid as they come. :nonono: Too bad you're not smart enough to contribute to the thread, instead you show your immature, idiotic lack of intelligence and post a picture with less value than your IQ.

RUWIZ.jpg

Pretty serious stuff bro:shrug:

Menasor

If you look under your hood I'm sure your oil cap says something to the extent that oil goes in there, same for your anti freeze rez, maybe even the transmission depending on what you have. It doesn't mean people are idiots cuz stuff is labeled. Just like a mustang says mustang on it in like 2 or three places, I don't assume it's so the owner doesn't forget what they are driving.
So in answer to your question. It was done for looks back then, just one more thing to set those cars apart from other brands. They just carried it over to the newer cars for tradition.

megameGT500

Established Member
If this sort of thing bothers you, maybe take a couple weeks off.

You mean the troll thing? No... why does my response bother you? If idiots like that are going to state their opinion on what subject I choose to start a thread I am going to fire back. The thread was not a debate it was just an observation that I made last night.

As far as the Fuel label goes, after I found out it was retro, I was just wondering what the history is behind it. IMO putting a label where the fuel goes is dumb. I was curious if anyone knows why Dodge started it and if made sense I would rethink my position. At this point, I see nothing wrong with my view on the Dodge Challenger's fuel door. I have never been a Dodge fan so any disrepect towards Dodge owners is not intended. That's all.

BTW I'm on leave and really have nothing better to do today. But thanks for your concern. :beer:

megameGT500

Established Member
If you look under your hood I'm sure your oil cap says something to the extent that oil goes in there, same for your anti freeze rez, maybe even the transmission depending on what you have. It doesn't mean people are idiots cuz stuff is labeled. Just like a mustang says mustang on it in like 2 or three places, I don't assume it's so the owner doesn't forget what they are driving.
So in answer to your question. It was done for looks back then, just one more thing to set those cars apart from other brands. They just carried it over to the newer cars for tradition.

I don't believe 60 era cars had the oil cap labeled. I know late model cars do. If Dodge did it just to set their cars apart, it worked and IMO dumb. No big deal like I said earlier it was just an observation.

Users who are viewing this thread