Do you think its a good idea to spend tax dollars investigating and prosecuting Bonds

Is it a good use of tax $ to investigate and prosecute Bonds?

• Yes

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • No

Votes: 62 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
NO! find the child molesters! find the rapists! find the murders! hey while ur at it....take a look at some problems in the real world. I.E. the war, illegal immigration, ya know..things that matter

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Yes it's a good idea. He broke the law allegedly, and the US prosecutes others who commit perjury so there is no reason for him not to be charged.

Ride Along

i has an avatar!
Established Member
+1 on using the word Eunich in a sentance and spelling it correctly! That made my day.

I think the Baseball folks should handle the situation as they see fit, either by suspension or * next to his stats.

The government, IMO, should get involved to the extent of prosecuting Bonds for any laws he may have broken. Period.

I'd much rather see the government spend their resources bringing in more dangerous 'tards than Bonds. The government spends way too much time trying to protect people from themselves.

(I know I voted yes....meant to vote no.)

Biggieman

03-04 parts for sale
Established Member
you're GD right they should prosecute! perjury and obstruction of justice are pretty serious offences.
bottom line is that you DONT lie to the feds. period.
bonds' arrogance is sickening IMO.

note: this is coming from a guy (Me) who could care less if every professional athlete in the USA uses performance enhancing drugs.

bugmenot

Established Member
Im still trying to figure out what they have him on now that they didnt have when they initial opened this up. They got an extension to try and find something else, but they had already raided BALCO, and his doctor wont talk, hence why he is in jail. I just want to know what NEW info they have. And even if they find him guilty, I believe it was still a waste of time, because the steriod issue should never have even been brought to the courts.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Just when I thought the idiocy couldn't get any lower. :rolleyes: I'll just quote myself from the other thread:

Guess what? The vast majority of upper level athletes do, and always will. I don't think anyone realizes how boring pro sports would be without supplemental hormones. The bar has been raised, do you really want to watch stick figures (aka "athletes" from the 60s-80s) kick out stats half as large? No thanks.

Steve Nash is my favorite athlete. He's not boring. He doesn't do steroids. Maybe you need to re-evaluate who you look up to?

As for the whimpering idiots who call performance-enhancing drugs "victimless": http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/children-of-doping-athletes-deformed/2007/10/31/1193618974100.html

Bonds is lucky, in that he had his kids before he decided to inject that crap in himself. But what about our young ones that look up to idiots like him? Just cause the perception is "Everyone's doing it." it's somehow okay? That has GOT to be the most half-wit defense I have ever heard of.

Besides that, he isn't being prosecuted for the drugs in particular. There is NOTHING in the indictments about it. He lied in the face of a grand jury. It doesn't matter if your a bum off the street, or a sitting President. You do that and you get caught, you WILL get hammered. Justice will never be served if every idiot thinks he can get away with lying in a court of law.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Total waste of time, money, and resources, and completely embarassing on so many levels.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Just when I thought the idiocy couldn't get any lower. :rolleyes: I'll just quote myself from the other thread:

LOL, more intelligent commentary from the peanut farmer that never played anything more than JV field hockey. :loser: Go drive the speed limit off a cliff and remember to signal before doing so, but first, see my response in the other thread...

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
I know nothing about baseball?? hmm ok if thats what you want to think. What in his stats makes him so godly in your opinion? Only thing he is going to known for is his bat nothing else. His batting stats are influanced by the juice. Many other athletes playing right now are better all around than him. A-rod is one of them even though I don't care for him either.

Bonds was a complete athlete and is now obviously plagued by knee injuries--face it he's old.
As for your other comments what you're not taking into account is that 90% of the league was on including the pitches that he donged off of. The bar was raised due to steroids, but it was an even playing field as well.

Boosted97

I wish I had a Cobra
Established Member
I'm shocked that people think he's being prosecuted for steriods... he is being indited for lieing to a grand jury people, an obstruction of justice. It's not a matter of what he lied to them about, it's the fact that he lied, period. Ofcourse he should be punished, any other person would be for the same offense, he should not be any different because he can hit a baseball.

Incase some of you just posted because you saw Berry Bonds in the title and assumed it was steriods, here's a link to the article at ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3113231

Last edited:

gregwynn

Established Member
As a few before me have said it is not about steriods its about lying under oath. He should be prosecuted and spend some time in Jail just like Lil' Kim.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I know nothing about baseball?? hmm ok if thats what you want to think. What in his stats makes him so godly in your opinion? Only thing he is going to known for is his bat nothing else. His batting stats are influanced by the juice. Many other athletes playing right now are better all around than him. A-rod is one of them even though I don't care for him either.

Just to clear some things up, You're talking about hte Barry Bonds of today or the young Barry Bonds? If you're talking about Bonds of today then I agree. But if you're speaking of a young Bonds then you are way off.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
LOL, more intelligent commentary from the peanut farmer that never played anything more than JV field hockey. :loser: Go drive the speed limit off a cliff and remember to signal before doing so, but first, see my response in the other thread...

It all makes sense now. You too, were a juiced up idiot. :loser: Apparently, it DOES affect the brain.

And just so your puny mind understands, there are hundreds, if not thousands of Military personnel in the US alone that have athleticism that these multi-millionaires can only dream of, and I can GUARANTEE that they never needed drugs to get there.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
It all makes sense now. You too, were a juiced up idiot. :loser:

I'm sorry, did I ever state that I've used? LOL, going to try to indicte me now too? :banana:

And just so your puny mind understands, there are hundreds, if not thousands of Military personnel in the US alone that have athleticism that these multi-millionaires can only dream of, and I can GUARANTEE that they never needed drugs to get there.

LMMFAO!!!! If that was even .000000001% true there would be exponentially more former military pro athletes out there. To compare military personal to a professional athlete is just ****ing hilarious. Next I'm sure you'll try to tell me that they'd rather work for Uncle Sam for pennies a day instead of cashing six figure paychecks every week/month purely for the heightened sense of civic duty. Sorry but you simply don't have a clue what you're talking about, back to arm chair quarterbacking while pounding a family size bag of Lays. :loser:

bugmenot

Established Member
I know what he is being charged with, and if you read my post, and try and comprehend it, you will see that I want to know where they got the new info. 4 months ago they didn't have this information, and his doctor has still not talked. So how are they getting him on perjury. AND, if you finish reading what I wrote, you would see that I think its a joke, because it all started with steroids. He was brought to court about steroids. Its like being pulled over for one thing, and them finding 10 other things to get you with because that other thing checked out.

Yes, I'm sure the people in the military are just as athletic if not more so than the professionals. Thats a joke, if that was the case, they would not be in the military. Watch a AAA baseball game, and compare that to a MLB game. The difference is huge, and the people in AAA are still the top baseball players in our country.

Fourcam330

Established Member
I'm shocked that people think he's being prosecuted for steriods... he is being indited for lieing to a grand jury people, an obstruction of justice. It's not a matter of what he lied to them about, it's the fact that he lied, period. Ofcourse he should be punished, any other person would be for the same offense, he should not be any different because he can hit a baseball.

Incase some of you just posted because you saw Berry Bonds in the title and assumed it was steriods, here's a link to the article at ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3113231

The fact is the government has no right or real need to probe in the first place. It's not their business to regulate pro sports, never has been. Therefore the charges are utter bullshit--none of this should have ever happened in the first place. In the end it's a gigantic waste of money, time, and resources.

Users who are viewing this thread