Do you think its a good idea to spend tax dollars investigating and prosecuting Bonds

Is it a good use of tax $ to investigate and prosecute Bonds?

• Yes

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • No

Votes: 62 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bullitt890

Established Member
To me it seems like a waste of govt. time and money.

i agree. there has to be something else these people could be doing with that money. i could care less if he took steroids or not. IMO, with the juice or without, he was a great athlete and it should just be left at that. until all the mlb players that are using/have used are given the same attention, its uncalled for.

Last edited:

bugmenot

Established Member
Waste of time and money. They couldn't find anything the first time, so they had to extend the period to find something. Personally I think the whole thing with sterioids is a waste. Yes, they were illegal, but so what. I think MLB is praying that everything holds on Bonds. I personally think they are using him as the scapegoat. They know most people don't like him.

03blacksvtcobra

Established Member
While I agree the money could be spent other places I think he should be prosecuted if he did lie about taking steroids or HGH to a grand jury. I disagree that he is a good athlete. Other than hitting the long ball what has he done? nothing. As far as hitting home runs I doubt that he would have hit as many as he did without the help of steroids. Look how small he was with the Pirates and how monsterous he is now !!! compare that to lets say Rafael Palmeiro he probably won't get into the hall of fame because of 1 positve test. He is one of the select few to hit 500 home runs and 3000 hits. The month prior and all testes prior to that he was always a negative and the test after he was negative as well. He has been a consistant size his entire career. Either way he's finished.

Congress looking into steroid use in professional sports shows just what lunatics have been elected. This country has bigger issues than worrying about steroid use by people who play 'kid's games.' This really is the age of the American moron.

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
Congress looking into steroid use in professional sports shows just what lunatics have been elected. This country has bigger issues than worrying about steroid use by people who play 'kid's games.' This really is the age of the American moron.

I agree.

bullitt890

Established Member
While I agree the money could be spent other places I think he should be prosecuted if he did lie about taking steroids or HGH to a grand jury. I disagree that he is a good athlete. Other than hitting the long ball what has he done? nothing. As far as hitting home runs I doubt that he would have hit as many as he did without the help of steroids. Look how small he was with the Pirates and how monsterous he is now !!! compare that to lets say Rafael Palmeiro he probably won't get into the hall of fame because of 1 positve test. He is one of the select few to hit 500 home runs and 3000 hits. The month prior and all testes prior to that he was always a negative and the test after he was negative as well. He has been a consistant size his entire career. Either way he's finished.

he's done a few things other than hit the long ball. you might want to read up on his stats. while your at it, compare them to the numbers bonds put up. whether you like him or not, barry bonds is an amazing athlete. steriods did not put those numbers up.

03blacksvtcobra

Established Member
If he's not hitting the long ball or taking a free pass to first base what else does he do? He sucks in the outfield. Has no speed so doesnt steal many bases. Lots of balls get into the gaps near him or over his head to the wall. So again other than hitting what makes him such a great athlete? As far as liking him, no I don't like him as many of his current and former teamates don't and didn't like him either. He's an ass to the press and his teamates. Not what I would call a great athlete at all. Before you ask I have met him before and he was an ass then too.

bugmenot

Established Member
^
Research before you talk about something you know nothing about. Look up his stats, then come tell me he is not a good athlete. Thats like saying all a sprinter does is run from point A to point B, but they aren't a very good athlete.

Whether or not he is nice has nothing to do with either his playing ability or whether or not he should have been investigated.

spinscan

Established Member
I don't care what Bonds did, does or might do in the future. Baseball (pro) died for me when the strike killed the world series years ago

No, but in a democracy the people will demand what makes them feel better, and they'll get it.

No one demanded anything. Where did you see millions of people protesting in the streets that they wanted Congress to look into steroid use in baseball?

TJSwoboda

Established Member
No one demanded anything. Where did you see millions of people protesting in the streets that they wanted Congress to look into steroid use in baseball?
Good point; it was more a general observation on what I think would happen if Congress did nothing. Obviously I have no empirical evidence to back this up.

Good point; it was more a general observation on what I think would happen if Congress did nothing. Obviously I have no empirical evidence to back this up.

Congress probably wanted to do this because they are such eunichs when it comes to dealing with the real issues that concern the country: Islamofascism, Iran provoking a war, illegal immigration, sky rocketing oil prices, etc. Instead these pansies bring in Mark McGwuire to cry like a little bitch on CSPAN. As a citizen who takes life seriously, I do not give a damn what drug use is taking place in the 'land of make believe' (sports & entertainment). Elected officials are supposed to be protecting me and my family. Not evading the issues of the day or creating government agencies (Homeland Security) that do absolutely nothing to make this country safer.

Last edited:

03blacksvtcobra

Established Member
I know nothing about baseball?? hmm ok if thats what you want to think. What in his stats makes him so godly in your opinion? Only thing he is going to known for is his bat nothing else. His batting stats are influanced by the juice. Many other athletes playing right now are better all around than him. A-rod is one of them even though I don't care for him either.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
spend our money elsewhere.

i wish we could vote on things of this nature. i thought this was a government for the people, by the people? oh wait, wrong century. darn.

bugmenot

Established Member
I never said you know nothing of baseball, I said look before you talk about something you don't know. I didn't realize gold gloves and stolen bases were a bad thing... If you would watch him play, you would see that he does the little things correctly. Also, his swing is one of the fastest swings out there. Steriods don't make you hit the ball, just make it go further. Take away 100 of his home runs, and he is still an unbelievable player. Just because people don't see him as an all around good baseball player doesn't mean he isnt. He will be known for his home runs, but he did more, way more. Right now he is not the best player in baseball, never said he was. But to try and take away what he has done is a joke. Look up what he has done, then try and take away.

And for the record, I don't like him at all, but he is still a great great athlete and one of the best to ever play baseball.

bullitt890

Established Member
03blacksvtcobra, you are right about bonds being an ass. i do wonder how much the media and public opinion toward him has affected this lately though. but you should really check out his stats. compare his offensive numbers to willie mays. he did not supposedly start juicing up until the '99 season. but his "pre-juice" days were no joke! i'm pretty sure he was a 40-40 guy a couple times, and had 3 mvp's before the juice days. even without the juice, most of the bombs he hits would be gone anyway. there's no way that steriods is adding 100' to his homers.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
no. they should be finding a way to lower gas prices, and get better education to our kids, and healthcare, and social security, and well hell a million other better things that could help our country.

Users who are viewing this thread