Do you guys think i need Vortech's warranty ?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Being a dd i'd suggest a vac/boost gauge and a wideband so u can always keep an eye on things

The car has factory widebands. So an external is not needed. The interceptor gauge can convert the factory info from lambda to a/f for you.

To those who asked,
my car is 2011 5.0 6M.

And yes i would like to know where can i get vortech complete kit for less than $5k ?

also, if i was to compare ProCharger vs Vortech can someone list pro's and con's for both and which system is more reliable ?

Now honestly i'm leaning towards the man date install weekend and my buddy just told me TMS ( The mustang shop ) have a good tuner.

So self-installation>load Vortech's tune to safely drive to TMS and then get custom tuned SAFELY for 6-7 psi.

I will be honest if i will have SAFE and reliable custom tune that will net me 550RWHP i will be pretty happy with that.
I need the car to be reliable as it can be because it's a DD and like i mentioned i drive about 50 miles a day. Now i will be honest 90% of a time i baby the car and shift at around 3-4K RPM so i assume that if i'm not hitting boost like crazy all day long i should be fine with the car for awhile and not be scared that it will blow.

Anyone agrees or disagrees ?

Thats really not a bad price, i didn't realize it was a black kit. I thought it was a couple hundred high based on what I do the satin kits for. Thats right about what I do the black kits for.

If you are planning on having someone tune the car, then there is 0 need to buy the warranty. The warranty is only good on vortech's supplied pulley and canned tune.

JerryC

Established Member
Yup thats the gauge that i want.
Dual interceptor so i can watch wideband and boost.

I've got an interceptor and I have intentions of watching the gauge but so far everytime I make a pass I cant take my eyes off the track to look at the gauge. I need to set the alert on the gauge since I cant watch it.

RusWolf

Established Member
I've got an interceptor and I have intentions of watching the gauge but so far everytime I make a pass I cant take my eyes off the track to look at the gauge. I need to set the alert on the gauge since I cant watch it.
Yeah you should definately set the alerts. In my turbo tC i have boost controller so i know im not overboosting.
I never had a supercharged car before, can i run boost controller with S/C or it's not needed because boost is pulley dependant ?
By the way is your engine completely stock ?

Last edited:

JerryC

Established Member
Yeah you should definately set the alerts. In my turbo tC i have boost controller so i know im not overboosting.
I never had a supercharged car before, can i run boost controller with S/C or it's not needed because boost is pulley dependant ?

I don't know about a boost controller...

The engine is stock, the car has these mods, VMP Roush Kit, K&N stock replacement filter, Roush Axle backs, DR radials.

I also have chrome GT500 wheels from AM that in total weight are 18 pounds more than the stock wheels. 3lbs each front, 6lbs each rear with tires.

dsmith26

Established Member
don't worry about the warranty. You'll end up putting a smaller pulley on it in a couple months which voids the warranty anyways!

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member

Haha! No...... Pulley dependet buddy. U can go with a bov on a centrif though!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

do you have an xcal?

set it up to datalog and you won't need to worry about watching the gauge, you can have your whole run logged for you.

JerryC

Established Member
do you have an xcal?

set it up to datalog and you won't need to worry about watching the gauge, you can have your whole run logged for you.

That and I think the Aeroforce has a "playback" mode that can show what the gauge was reading. I really need to spend some more time working with it.

Stanger00

Established Member
Nothing negative but they vent constantly at part throttle and decel. The spring in centri BOV's are pretty weak. I'm going to be running a tial 50mm BOV. Heard its pretty loud.

RusWolf

Established Member
I never dealt with tial BOV, but their wastegates are top notch.

i like HKS SSQV BOV not only because it looks stealth but also because you can swap the sound valve and it sound low or high pitch.
I have high pitch installed on my turbo tc and it sound awesome.

is there a flange that needs to be purchased with BOV ?

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
I never dealt with tial BOV, but their wastegates are top notch.

i like HKS SSQV BOV not only because it looks stealth but also because you can swap the sound valve and it sound low or high pitch.
I have high pitch installed on my turbo tc and it sound awesome.

is there a flange that needs to be purchased with BOV ?

There's a flange already there for the bypass valve. I'd have to see it but u would probably be brand specific to it You could even just cap the inlet to the Intake and leave the bypass venting to the atmosphere. Free bov! Since the vortech has a blow thru maf setup it wouldnt cause pig rich conditions going from boost to vac like a pull thru maf would

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
A tial or synapse bov would sound killer. Hks would be too high pitched for a muscle car imo

RusWolf

Established Member
Tial sounds like someone is sneezing.
Synapse is hard exhaling

Also considering greddy type RS.

but so far leaning toward HKS in limited edition flat black.
It is high pitched but it's HOTT lol...
a little rice is ok.

Stanger00

Established Member
Tial alpha q series should also be an option if you need the 50 mm valve. Otherwise you may find your car too annoying to drive.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Go ridiculous and get a turboXS RFL. Loudest one out there

Users who are viewing this thread