Do you guys think i need Vortech's warranty ?

RusWolf

Established Member
Hello everyone,

Here is my dilemma,
I can get Vortech blower in black for pretty much $5000 shipped to my door.

Local top-tier installer wants $1000 for installation, $400 for 3/36K warranty and $200 taxes and shop fees.

so total will be $6600 installed OR i can get the blower for $5000 and install it myself with the help of few friends in his garage.
And maybe on top of Vortech's tune take it to a reputabe shop for a custom safe tune?

I mean i do like the warranty idea and i also do like saving $1600 !
I am really torn between these 2 options.
My friend thinks i do not need the warranty and i should safe the money.
Is there a case of a blown 5.0 yet ?
This car is my daily driver i drive 40-50 miles a day.

Suggestions, opinion, concerns ? ANYTHING is welcome!

Stanger00

Established Member
What does the warranty cover? Install, parts etc...

Vortech has its on 3/36 warranty.

Never installed one on a coyote so I have no idea on the level of difficulty but if its like a 2 valve 4.6 I will put it on a level 4 and a level 8 for time.

RusWolf

Established Member
$400 is actually for Vortech warranty. The only catch is that, the blower MUST be installed by their top-tier installer. The list can be found on their website.
There is only one in WA and OR. Bradscustomauto is the name of the shop.

As far as i know the warranty is powertrain so it covers the engine and rear end if i'm not mistaken.
Also i have read on the forums that someone called Vortech with questions about warranty. According to that person he was told by Vortech, the warranty covers $3,000 for engine and $2,000 for rear end.

Last edited:

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
use the warranty from vortech and have a man date and learn some installing with your buddies

Stanger00

Established Member
My vortech came with a piece of paper explaining its warranty and it didnt include powertrain failures. Only headunit failures and it was free. I could look up Vortechs website and see if they changed their policy but I'm sure it hasnt changed. $400 bucks is pretty cheap to cover the supercharger, engine, transmission and rear end for 3 years or 36k miles.

Ahh, found it. Didnt have this when I installed mine but that was 6 years ago and at the time one of the best Mustang tuners tuned it at Modular Powerhouse.

Screenshot2011-11-01at94209PM.png

Last edited:

RusWolf

Established Member
use the warranty from vortech and have a man date and learn some installing with your buddies

Huh ?

to Stanger,
yeah but on top of that $400 is a $1000 to install it because they have to install it in order for the warranty to be in effect.

Once you log onto vortechs site look to the left there is going to be a banner with big blue letters 3 year/ 36K mile warranty available.

Stanger00

Established Member
It coincides with the factory warranty and 3k probably will not be enough to cover anything but maybe a rear end rebuild. Doesnt seem worth it to me. Especially since you could put your car back to stock and try to circumvent the warranty system if you are the type to do that.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
You know my opinion buts thats just cuz i wanna install it, haha

Man date!!!!!

Last edited:

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
pretty tough to go back to stock after putting one of these on since you have to cut alot and relocate things. unless you get duplicates of alot of factory parts, but theres quite a bit of cutting involved in this kit

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
$1000 for the install?????????

damn, i will put it on for half that. my KB install only took 10 hours and that included lunch and 2 parts runs.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I've sold a couple of the Vortech warranties. The last one was to a guy that bought a Lysholm Twin Screw for his 2010 Avalanche.

The warranty goes for 3 years / 36,000 miles from the vehicles "in service" date.

Basically, when your factory warranty is up, so is the powertrain warranty.

The blower comes with it's own warranty. This warranty backs up your power train warranty on your car. It's one of those things like health insurance. Maybe you use it, maybe you do not.

It also sounds like your paying too much for your s/c.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
$5000 for the special edition black kit is too much??? Please let me know where you can find it cheaper!

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
pretty tough to go back to stock after putting one of these on since you have to cut alot and relocate things. unless you get duplicates of alot of factory parts, but theres quite a bit of cutting involved in this kit
Put the crack pipe down

RusWolf

Established Member
To those who asked,
my car is 2011 5.0 6M.

And yes i would like to know where can i get vortech complete kit for less than $5k ?

also, if i was to compare ProCharger vs Vortech can someone list pro's and con's for both and which system is more reliable ?

Now honestly i'm leaning towards the man date install weekend and my buddy just told me TMS ( The mustang shop ) have a good tuner.

So self-installation>load Vortech's tune to safely drive to TMS and then get custom tuned SAFELY for 6-7 psi.

I will be honest if i will have SAFE and reliable custom tune that will net me 550RWHP i will be pretty happy with that.
I need the car to be reliable as it can be because it's a DD and like i mentioned i drive about 50 miles a day. Now i will be honest 90% of a time i baby the car and shift at around 3-4K RPM so i assume that if i'm not hitting boost like crazy all day long i should be fine with the car for awhile and not be scared that it will blow.

Anyone agrees or disagrees ?

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Being a dd i'd suggest a vac/boost gauge and a wideband so u can always keep an eye on things

Users who are viewing this thread