Do you crossfit?

deadpres

everyday is caturday
Established Member
If so, thoughts?

I tried crossfit over a year ago and I felt like it concentrated too much on cardio. My first "wod"(workout of the day) I was borderline throwing up but somehow managed to hold it back to avoid embarassment. I ended up only doing 5 days(free) and decided to stop going. Anyway, I just recently started up again. Already noticed an improvement in my bench/squat after several workouts and a few days in the gym. I'm seriously thinking about going full time but the cost is a little steep.. $150/month:eek: or $30/week for 3 days a week but 1 of those days has to be Saturday

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
I know a few people that do crossfit. They go ape shit over that stuff. I personally just think sticking to the gym is better but that's just my opinion. $7/month vs. $150/month saves me a lot of money.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I am sure it works but damn it is just to expensive for me. If I want to spend a lot of money I would get a trainer. I have been a gym rat for 14 years now so it is hard to change my routine.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Lol for $100 a month I would rather join a boxing gym and bruise some crossfit guys ego if I ever got into an altercation.

Officers in the Corps having been trying to incorporate crossfit in the Marine Corps for awhile now, spearheaded by this guy:
[youtube_browser]_K1udLtRa7c[/youtube_browser]

With that said I still do rows and squats, but not at a crossfit pace. But seriously for $100, I'd join a boxing gym.

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
Not a fan,

But mostly because of the people who do it and their egos and then the price. Also when it got popular I was doing P90X at the time and people doing crossfit would talk all kinds of crap about P90X yet I could keep up with all the stuff they were doing. So that got very annoying

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Not a fan,

But mostly because of the people who do it and their egos and then the price. Also when it got popular I was doing P90X at the time and people doing crossfit would talk all kinds of crap about P90X yet I could keep up with all the stuff they were doing. So that got very annoying

THIS! They feel the need to post what they did every day of their crossfit work out.

650BlackVnm

Established Member
Not a fan,

P90X is the shit. I'm on my last week and got some impressive results. :rockon:

Fuerza

Established Member
I did it for about 9 months, loved it too. At 125 per month the membership was outrageous in price and I stopped going. I plan to start again when I get back from the Stan. If you guys do decide to start doing Crossfit, look hard into the gym you join. Crossfit is a commercial cash cow right now, lots of gyms popping up claiming to be true Crossfit when they aren't.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
LOL no!

375a6e39_TooBO.gif

n't-doing-crossfit-did-not-read-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-73.gif

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Go for a month and make your own program. Cross fit has been around for 30 years.

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
My gym offers 6 week courses that incorporate boot camp style workouts, crossfit, and tabatas. Hardest workouts I've ever done but I have learned that I can't hit the weights hard and then do crossfit in the same day.

I would definitely recommend crossfit for power/endurance athletes or anyone that has been working out for a while and wants to take it to the next level. As mentioned, price is pretty hefty. $125 for a 6 week course here.

I'll be starting another cycle soon but I'm taking this month off to prepare for a powerlifting meet June 30.

4VFreak

Beyaaahhhh!!!!!
Established Member
Crossfit = bunch of knobs that shouldn't be allowed to touch free-weights

[youtube_browser]NnnOWfj2TW4[/youtube_browser]

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Everyone that does it around here is really, really pretentious about it and that alone turns me off towards it. And then when you consider the price... wtf are you paying for? The community is the only thing that I can think of because kettle-balls and pull-up / squat racks are not that expensive. You could purchase everything you need with 2-3 months worth of membership fees and create your own routines based on their workouts from their websites, because it seems like they're all so proud and always post them...

Last edited:

alex3610

Established Member
Lots of hype. Too many people I know hurting themselves doing it. I also wonder about the long term effects of working out that hard so often.

GodStang

Established Member
We have a local place to do it for free. I want to start but worried with two previous back surgeries and currently have rods in the back if it will be too hard on me. I am doing Insanity right now but want something harder.

Users who are viewing this thread