Do you collect things?

ssssnake

Established Member
Do you find or buy things that catch your eye and put them away? Over the years, I've kept things that I've bought, or have had something that I liked that was a relative's and it was given to me after they passed. Unfortunately, I didn't keep any old toys (except a couple), but I do have a few things from my past. Some things are not of much value, but others are surprisingly nice.

When my grandfather passed, I got this vase because it just caught my eye. I googled it and found out it was a Roseville vase. It's worth a little over a $100. I probably won't sell it because i like it. roseville.jpg
This always sat on a dresser at my grandma's house. I though it was so cool. They have different prices for this one, anywhere from $30 to $100. Not getting rid of it either.

black panther.jpg

This last one, I was pleasantly surprised. I bought this poster when I went to see Led Zeppelin in 1969. I looked it up today, and the value is $300.
vintage-1969-led-zeppelin-poster_1_11d735734e48b08c98909e7f5f9eb60d.jpg

How about you guys? if so, let's see them!

Attachments

• roseville.jpg
    roseville.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 163

Coiled03

Established Member
Not me. I've moved/relocated so many times in my life, I've kinda learned to travel light.

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
I recently found all of my old baseball, basketball and football cards along with comics. I haven’t had the time to sift through it all as there are thousands but I know for a fact there are a few rare pieces in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I collect video game anything and soda pop bottles and cans (unopened)

Not for any value other than personal enjoyment
20180720_173513.jpg
20180720_173531.jpg

Last edited:

Mike's03Mach

Established Member
I recently found all of my old baseball, basketball and football cards along with comics. I haven’t had the time to sift through it all as there are thousands but I know for a fact there are a few rare pieces in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a ton of old baseball cards from 1989-1991, then I started collecting Football cards. I think I stopped in 93, still have all the cards tucked away in the garage. I wonder what I could get for them. Might see, since I have some things I want to do.

ssssnake

Established Member
Not me. I've moved/relocated so many times in my life, I've kinda learned to travel light.

I have cleaned out a lot. I could probably put most of my collector stuff in 2 boxes.

My son has a bunch of baseball and football cards - even some Desert Storm cards, along with some stamps and comic books. He has the comic book and extras when Superman died.

mostly debt

Yeah, I have a bit of that myself.

I collect video game anything and soda pop bottles and cans (unopened)

Not for any value other than personal enjoyment

My uncle used to work for a demolition company in Houston. He had a lot of stuff from the buildings and homes he tore down. He collected the bottles and stuff. I have a photograph of Oveta Culp Hobby riding her horse.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
My uncle used to work for a demolition company in Houston. He had a lot of stuff from the buildings and homes he tore down. He collected the bottles and stuff. I have a photograph of Oveta Culp Hobby riding her horse.
You ever thought about putting the pic on loan to the Airport?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
black-panther-jpg.1503001

**** $300, really? I just threw one out last month when I moved...

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I used to collect baseball cars n the 80s and 90s...now I collect fishing shit i don't need lol

VegasMichael

Established Member
I used to have a pretty extensive coin collection. Sold off the majority of it several years ago. Have a lot model trains--HO scale. My father has an enormous Lionel Train collection from the 1940s and 50s. All I seem to collect now is a bunch of failed relationships. lol

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive got a decent amount of signed NBA stuff from former magic players (Shaq, penny, team balls etc...) along with cards and such, no idea what any of it’s worth

Coiled03

Established Member
Ive got a decent amount of signed NBA stuff from former magic players (Shaq, penny, team balls etc...) along with cards and such, no idea what any of it’s worth

You should have it appraised. I bet you'd be surprised.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
You should have it appraised. I bet you'd be surprised.

Not a bad idea - some of em are limited edition prints, team balls, some uncut sheets of NBA cards (either misprinted or over runs). We got a lot of stuff through the Magic over the years

ssssnake

Established Member

Sounds cool. The horse is jumping over a fence (I think), but it's torn.

The poster was $300. The most for the black panther was around $100. I just like it.

I used to have a pretty extensive coin collection. Sold off the majority of it several years ago. Have a lot model trains--HO scale. My father has an enormous Lionel Train collection from the 1940s and 50s. All I seem to collect now is a bunch of failed relationships. lol

Coins are cool. So are the trains. Sorry about the failed relationships, but maybe they were for the best.

Ah, my stash is growing as we speak! I have about a box full of Mustang magazines I need to get rid of. Mostly Mustang Monthly, SVT Enthusiast, etc. The only one I want to keep is an issue which lists all of the Mustang clubs, and my husband's name was listed. :)

I also have kept most of my concert ticket stubs - except for a few. I was young when I first started going, so I didn't save my Monkees and Led Zeppelin tickets. :) I do have some autographed ones too (Social Distortion, Candlebox, Shawn Phillips (for us older folks), etc.

ssssnake

Established Member

Sounds cool. The horse is jumping over a fence (I think), but it's torn.

The poster was $300. The most for the black panther was around $100. I just like it.

Coins are cool. So are the trains. Sorry about the failed relationships, but maybe they were for the best.

Ah, my stash is growing as we speak! I have about a box full of Mustang magazines I need to get rid of. Mostly Mustang Monthly, SVT Enthusiast, etc. The only one I want to keep is an issue which lists all of the Mustang clubs, and my husband's name was listed. :)

I also have kept most of my concert ticket stubs - except for a few. I was young when I first started going, so I didn't save my Monkees and Led Zeppelin tickets. :) I do have some autographed ones too (Social Distortion, Candlebox, Shawn Phillips (for us older folks), etc.

Users who are viewing this thread