Do these numbers sounds right?

1KleenSVT

Established Member
I just had my car dyno/tuned on tuesday and my end numbers were, 392HP and 412 FT Lbs TQ. I bought the car with some decent mods but i was expecting better. Mods are in my sig. It was also on a Mustang Dyno BTW.

fudgerunyard

Banned
From what i understand Mustang Dynos are usually about 15% less than a regular dynojet, but even still your numbers seem low.:shrug:

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
numbers way low for those mods, even for a properly calibrated mustang dyno

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
numbers way low for those mods, even for a properly calibrated mustang dyno

yes, but what sucks is that it could be an improperly calibrated as well.

I would check it on a dynojet. If it's 480+ rwhp, it SHOULD be fine. But looks like it either needs a seriously better tune, or the motor is hurt.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Your numbers are low, I made 470 on a Mustang Dyno w/2.76, tune, ported TB and Plenum.

ya, but mustang dyno's can be all over the place with their numbers, so they are not really comparable on the net to others. But when used correctly tho, they are the better tuning tool.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
ya, but mustang dyno's can be all over the place with their numbers, so they are not really comparable on the net to others. But when used correctly tho, they are the better tuning tool.

Agreed, when comparing numbers Dynojet should always be used as they will be more constant. There's no telling what happened with this as it could be the dyno, the tune, or the motor. If you could post the graph with the run conditions and AFR along with a datalog if possible.

1KleenSVT

Established Member
Well im not really concerned with the motor because it only has 3500 miles on it, hopefully it is the dyno itself. Im going to find a Dynojet dyno sometime and check the numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread