do these dyno #s seem ok

trendkilllx

Established Member
Ran on a dyno today, 2100 ft elevation, 87 deg, 9inch powerstack and magnaflow 2.5 inch, 396 torq and 404 horse but noticed no increase in horsepower from 6k on to 6500. Also noticed some black smoke at higher rpms, tuner said that it is set pretty rich from the factory, car is an 03 built 8/02. Just wondering if these #s seem ok and also wondering why hp was flat from 6-6.5k?

Rudy

Twin screwed
Established Member
I say it is about right with your mods, my car dynoed 411rwhp and 375rwtq std. with magnaflow c/b and k&n fipk

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
6-6.5k is normal for it to be flat or even fall. Centri blowers will keep climbing. But the eaton dies off.

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
Sounds about right to me.........the temp and elevation are not your friend...........pig rich from factory is a given..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Those are pretty good numbers for your mods. I think mine with a catback and X-pipe (and CAI) was around 395. It only gets better. :)

trendkilllx

Established Member
ok thanks for all of the information. I think the kandn fipk produces a bit better peak horsepower numbers than the 9 inch powerstack. The powerstack produced good torque over 350 almost through the whole rpm band

Users who are viewing this thread