do not buy mac products

pumped 03

Established Member
I purchased a mac off road pipe for my 03 and i have had nothing but trouble.i have had it for three months it leaks on both sides of the manifolds.we have tried everything to get it to stop. talked to mac on it and they said they would not do anything to help me the guy i talked to was mike he is a real prick.so i asked to talk to the owner and he said the owner dont talk to anyone he is to busy to.he said that when i welded the pipe together i voided my warranty guess what they are the ones who said to weld it.this is not the first mac product i have had trouble with but i will not have anymore beacuse i will not ever buy from them again.oh guess what else the prick said. dont buy bassani they cost to much but they do fit a little better.so all you buyers looking for exhaust think twice before you buy mac. :bash:

IwantAsvtCOBRA

likes it fast
Established Member
01cobrakid has MAC LT's on his '01 they did somethin wierd and pulled oil thru the seals or somethin, needless to say he was blowin alot of oil and he had to get a new motor.

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
I've been very happy with my Magnaflows. I had been warned off of MAC and while your experience sucks and I feel bad for you, I'm glad to see the people that warned me off were justified.

grnenvy

Established Member
Mac has had problems for years. They started making there shit for the 5.0 products back in 1990 and had major shit then. I must say they did make a nice set of long tubes for my convertable automatic but that was not the norm.

jdpepper

Established Member
Thanks for looking out, I was contemplating on a mac cat back also but after reading this I'll probably look elsewhere.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
No new news on Mac products there. Nothing they make is engineered...it seems they have some dude working out of a shack with a tubing bender and a welder. I have yet to hear good things about them.

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
I have to disagree with all of you. My experiece with MAC has been good. I put a full MAC exhaust on my 91 LX 5.0 headers and all, never had any trouble with it. I went with MAC on my Cobra and I love the sound. I only had one problem, one of my tailpipes started peeling. I called MAC and they sent me both tailpies new, and there were chromed better than my originals.

notch3o2

i8urmama
Established Member
im sorry but if your exhaust product rusts within 2 weeks of owning it like my friends did theres something wrong with the company

Hicompression

Hah!
Established Member
Do not buy the MAC '03 Cobra cold air intake. I made that mistake. The car idled rough and stalled many times. I yanked that beeatch off and the car ran fine with the stock air cleaner.

I believe the problem is where the flange bolts to the MAF sensor, the pipe is 4" in diameter. It then necks down to 3.5" as it goes into the fender. Major turbulence! Bad design... :nonono:

too slow

Established Member
Had my catback for 6 months now and zero problems with it. Getting to look right took some time but the sound is well worth it

trey193

Established Member
Cant complain about my Mac Catback either, fits well, looks good and makes descent power!

bunk22

Established Member
I've been to MAC in Temecula, California. I had a problem with my long-tubes on my 95. If you've seen how they operate, you would understand why they deliver a less than stellar product. Very unprofessional and half-ass operation....IMO of course :)

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
All the Mac catbacks my guys (and I) have seen on '03 Cobras have one pipe sticking out about an inch further than the other. I was at the shop when the owner told his manager to stop purchasing Mac catbacks for '03's. It seems he had to cut and shorten one pipe on all of them.

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
Thank god you did this thread, Because I was looking to get some LT and H-pipe from MAC. How's BBK's headers and other products, and where can I get them for a good price??? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread