Do NOT Buy From Ciener Woods Ford in Kernersville NC w/Pics

roushstage2

Established Member
I got my car back from Ciener Woods Ford in Kernersville NC after getting the CCRM replaced and the oil changed. My car is out of warrenty so I paid $507 for their services. They are one of only 2 Roush dealerships in NC. I have a 03 "Roush Cobra" so naturally I would take the car to them to get serviced. They had the car for 5 days, I picked it up on 1/16/05 and noticed that paint was chipping on the side skirt where the exhaust port is. I also found that there were grease hand prints on both doors, both side skirts, on the hood and under the hood. Immediatley I called Mr. Ed Woods at the dealership, but he was not there. So this morning I called him again and told him about my problem, he stated that it was unacceptable, and they were known as the "mustang capitol". He asked if I could bring it to him, I told him I would be there within an hour.

I arrive at the dealership and the Mr. Woods along with the Service manager greet me to look at the damage. They see the oil and grease prints on the car and offer to clean and detail the car.

I then preciede to show them the yellow paint on both exhaust tips, along with the chipped and peeling paint on the pass. side skirt. The service manager tells me that he is not sure if they did the damage. I told him it was not there when I droped the car off. As you can see in the pics its pretty noticeible. I then ask what he could do to fix it back to the condition that I dropped it off in. He said he was not going to do anything for me because he thinks they didnt do that damage.

The damage looks as if it happened when it was driven on a drive on lift. I know that they have both drive on lifts and the type where the arms swing under the car. My car has always had to be put on a drive on lift because of how low it is (the arms will not swing under the car). But the service manager tells me the car was never put on a drive on lift, and that they used the swing arm lift.

Anyway the final outcome is, I allow them to wash the car to get the oil and grease off, but after the "wash" there is dirt and grease still on the car (as you can see in the pics).

Note to everyone - I would not recommend allowing Ciener-Woods Ford do any work on your car. They do not stand by their work or their damages. But check out the pics, they speak for themselves.
Thanks for reading this

Pic of whole car
image0085lj.jpg

Pics after their "wash and detail"
image0189cw.jpg

image0060pz.jpg

image0047sp.jpg

Pic of the driver side exhaust tip (notice the great amount of yellow paint on the tip, which shows the tip was shoved into the side skirt)
image0055iq.jpg

Pic of the pass. side skirt and exhaust tip (Notice paint on the exhaust tip indicating it was moved up into the skirt and worst of all the damage on the side skirt)
image0125bj.jpg

Last edited:

jaxnjnc

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your car. I know a few people who have not had very good luck with Ciener/Woods service dept.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
File a complain with Ford about it. Go up and over and make them fix it.

It obviously was a tech's fault so they need to fix it.

1slosvt

Established Member
They f'ed up my buddies 03. They didn't tighten the oil filter and all the oil leaked out on the way home. He parked it and left town for a couple of days (in a truck-he's a truck driver). When we got home he started it and we headed out for autofair in charlotte and it locked up. Ceiner-woods said it wasn't their fault b/c he didn't bring it back immediatly. They suck. Their so called "mustang guy" salesman they had is a joke and a half too. Good luck.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I definitely would not let them get away with this. Ask to speak personally with the owner. That's where I would start. I did that with a Chevy dealer once.

roushstage2

Established Member
CobraBob said:
I definitely would not let them get away with this. Ask to speak personally with the owner. That's where I would start. I did that with a Chevy dealer once.

The owner (Mr. Woods) is who I went too, to begin with. He didnt do anything but agree with what the service manager said. He told me the grease marks were unacceptable, and he would have the car washed. After washing the car there are still grease marks on the doors.

I will be contacting SVT & Ford tomorrow, and I have already filed a complaint with the local news station. They have already contacted back.

We will see what happens

roushstage2

Established Member
1slosvt said:
They f'ed up my buddies 03. They didn't tighten the oil filter and all the oil leaked out on the way home. He parked it and left town for a couple of days (in a truck-he's a truck driver). When we got home he started it and we headed out for autofair in charlotte and it locked up. Ceiner-woods said it wasn't their fault b/c he didn't bring it back immediatly. They suck. Their so called "mustang guy" salesman they had is a joke and a half too. Good luck.

If any of the damage they cause, is going to cost them to repair it, they are going to do everything they can to avoid it. While if they would just repair the damage to my satisfaction they would get my return business and recoup their losses.

Both the service manager & owner do not watch the cars being put on the lift. So they ask their techs if they caused the damage, and of course their going to say no. Then they tell me we didnt do that damage - How the hell do you know if you did it or not?

I know all about their "knowledgeable" salesman. I was out looking at their cars while getting my oil changed and had one come up and start a conversation with me, telling me the new shelby cobras are going to have 550 rear wheel horsepower. I just agree and keep on looking.

roushstage2

Established Member
Update

Here is the latest update
Today I drove the car for the first time since getting it back from the dealership. I hear some rattling sound, so when I get home I pop the hood and start looking around.

Guess what I find?

There is some random part laying on the pulley. Does anyone know what this part is?

And what do you think I should do about it? Should I take it back and make them fix it, and risk them doing more damage? The only thing I can think of is to take it back and ask the service manager, and owner to walk around the car with me. Then I will watch the car being taken back to the service area and watch everything they do.

Anyone have any better suggestions?

Here are pics of the part, you can see how the pulley has been rubbing on the clip wareing it down.
image0138rc.jpg

image0111kz.jpg

image0095vs.jpg

image0082td.jpg

image0030ze.jpg

SVT8U

Established Member
that sucks man. That is the dealership that my car was bought at by the original owner. You have one sweet car and id be pissed if i were you too

SpectorV

Established Member
I always watch them while they work on my car, but there are times that you simply can not watch them.... its just part of it. I hope everything works out good for you, but it looks like your stuck with the repair bill.

Users who are viewing this thread