Do long tube headers require a tune revision???

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Sometimes its funny reading posts on this forum from people who are not very knowledgeable, but seem to be full of advise!

Mastwolf is a highly respected tuner who has tuned many fast coyotes including his own!

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Sometimes its funny reading posts on this forum from people who are not very knowledgeable, but seem to be full of advise!

Mastwolf is a highly respected tuner who has tuned many fast coyotes including his own!

I can also agree with this statement.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
^^ This guy is tuned by lund

You're obviously misunderstanding something somewhere, do you some reading on exhaust gas scavenging and it will make sense. Hell, Shaun from AED even tweaked my tune a few degrees when i added my kooks shortys and i picked up some flow... The whole point of the Ti-Vct is to be able to optimize these events ... Cam timing changes with headers, i will go there.

The tune on the long tubes where from my prior tuner, not lund.

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
Bluesmoke you installed these yourself on jackstands? Im most likely going to purchase these headers and was thinking about doing the install myself but I heard its a B**ch to do. My off road hpipe was a pain so I can only imagine. Whats easiesr to remove the kmember and reinstall that of remove the motor mounts and lift the engine?

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Bluesmoke you installed these yourself on jackstands? Im most likely going to purchase these headers and was thinking about doing the install myself but I heard its a B**ch to do. My off road hpipe was a pain so I can only imagine. Whats easiesr to remove the kmember and reinstall that of remove the motor mounts and lift the engine?

Honestly , there a pain in the ass anyway you cut it. Fortunately I had access to a lift but I remover the motor mounts and starter and did it that way!!! I also modified my X pipe to fit the longtubes by shortening and welding it back together.

Users who are viewing this thread