Do I stand a chance??

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
Well since my car has been getting the procharger, I have been losing my mind. My neighbor has a ZR1 bone stock and keeps talking trash. I'm wondering if it'll even be close. My only mods are a stage II procharger kit with a soft tune( don't have #s yet ) but expecting 550 hp to the tires, and a Barton shifter bracket. Is it even going to be a race?

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Sorry OP, but these threads are gay. Race him and find out and then take up electrons on SVTP's servers by letting us know what happened. He could have 1000hp and you could have a 100, but if he sits in a puddle of melted rubber while you cruise down the road or track, then you win. ZR1= zheeRoverpricedturd. Don't be a snizz hair, race him and let us know what happens.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
550whp from a roll, you guys should be pretty close. BUT knowing MOST people who own ZR1's are limp dick'd old men going through they're 2nd mid life crisis Ill say if your not a loser you will out drive him and win. IF he can drive then I think it will be down to "he who plants the power and doesn't miss a shift" Honestly, I think you will need closer to 600whp to decisively BEAT him from a 40mph roll.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Unless he is a terrible driver, I don't see you winning. I assume your talking about a low roll to 140 or so?

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Sorry OP, but these threads are gay. Race him and find out and then take up electrons on SVTP's servers by letting us know what happened. He could have 1000hp and you could have a 100, but if he sits in a puddle of melted rubber while you cruise down the road or track, then you win. ZR1= zheeRoverpricedturd. Don't be a snizz hair, race him and let us know what happens.

Kind of a dick way of putting it but I agree with this comment and I think you will lose but not by much. I could be wrong though, now go race the guy. :burnout:

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
Ok are we confusing a ZR1 with a ZL1? A ZR1 Vette is going to stretch the anus of a 550whp car.. A ZL1 Camaro would be better matched to the comments above.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Please forget the fact that I drive a z06... But here are a few questions OP:

How is this guy talking trash? Why would he? Is it a friendly banter or is he a small dick, sausage finger, bowling shirt wearing and beer bellied mofo that is jealous of you and your awsome self and 5.0? Maybe he wishes he had a girl like yours or maybe you stole his girl?

These are all serious questions that must be answered,

I think you will rape him and send him home limping....

Here is what you can expect:

[youtube_browser]YcJE6rfo0MA[/youtube_browser]

Best wishes and good luck :beer:

Turbo900rr

Established Member
Well since my car has been getting the procharger, I have been losing my mind. My neighbor has a ZR1 bone stock and keeps talking trash. I'm wondering if it'll even be close. My only mods are a stage II procharger kit with a soft tune( don't have #s yet ) but expecting 550 hp to the tires, and a Barton shifter bracket. Is it even going to be a race?

Your in e85 country. Pulley that d1 to 12 psi mod the fuel system and waste his ass. End of story. Ps I think you will win as is from a roll. Good luck!

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Your in e85 country. Pulley that d1 to 12 psi mod the fuel system and waste his ass. End of story. Ps I think you will win as is from a roll. Good luck!

all the ZR1 would have to do, smaller pulley and tune, and it's "bye bye" stock long block 5.0 with procharger. Sure you can do the same, smaller pulley on the procharger, but unfortunately your now worried about giving your block air conditioning, as a busted rod goes through the side of it.

racebronco2

Established Member
Ok are we confusing a ZR1 with a ZL1? A ZR1 Vette is going to stretch the anus of a 550whp car.. A ZL1 Camaro would be better matched to the comments above.

I was confused, i was talking about a ZR1. I guess you are talking from experience. It's not even a race with a ZL1. My 550rwhp cobra does 115mph in the 1000' which the mph is close to the ZL1 in the 1/4. Those times are on a street surface with no burnout on heat cycled Nitto 555r's street tires. Below is the link to the runs with the ZR1.

Some footage of my Bolt-On C6Z from Willow Springs Shift S3ctor SBS Event - Corvette Forum

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member

I agree in some ways. Im not normally a huge fan of these threads as well, but since my car has been at the shop for almost 8 weeks my only form of excitement is limited to bench racing. Rest assured that my next post about this subject will be a video so as not to waste precious, how did you put it? Oh yeah electrons.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Please forget the fact that I drive a z06... But here are a few questions OP:

How is this guy talking trash? Why would he? Is it a friendly banter or is he a small dick, sausage finger, bowling shirt wearing and beer bellied mofo that is jealous of you and your awsome self and 5.0? Maybe he wishes he had a girl like yours or maybe you stole his girl?

These are all serious questions that must be answered,

I think you will rape him and send him home limping....

Here is what you can expect:

[youtube_browser]YcJE6rfo0MA[/youtube_browser]

Best wishes and good luck :beer:

And that's with a whipple pushing the stock coyote to the limit on race stars. :eek: Unfortunately I see it going even worse for the OP. I still wouldn't feel bad losing to a car that costs four times as much.

blkvenm97

Established Member
I don't think you can beat a zr1...a zl1 you might have a chance against. I think most of the ppl on this thread thing this discussion is about a camaro....

gearhead08

Established Member
He would put a hurting on a ZL1, ZR1.... not so much imo, but please get the video and prove me wrong. I would love to watch it. If you win, its a win in my book even if the driver is shitty as hell.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I ran a ZR1 at the track last night. no video since my damn go pro died. I ran a 12.5@124 he ran a 13.5@121. he needed a driver mod bad but the track was getting crappier as the night went on. we were both on street tires and my mods are in sig. if he had caught traction it wouldve been a def drag race but he was spinning and i was able to hook up. best run of the night for me was an 11.98@124, my fastest is a 11.92@122.

Users who are viewing this thread