Do I stand a chance against this porsche

GoneN60

Established Member
To begin with I'm a very humble guy and dont provoke races. The car gang I hang with a has a very diverse group of cars mainly german and american. We all have this friendly rivalry thing going that keeps things interesting. This one dude in the pack has gotten on my last nerve thinking that im slow because I dont keep up with everyone else doing 100+ on the hwy. He just bought a 2008 porshe carrera S and traded in his 07 Cayman S. Now all of a sudden he talks a bunch of smack directed at me only because I choose not to drive that fast. My question is in a straight line race what are my chances? Don't really know how these cars run. I called him out yesterday and my american buddies are gonna get the race on camera. Don't want to bite off more than I can chew.

acrbill

Established Member
Zero clue about that car but I just googled and I think you will pull him pretty damn hard.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Hope you have a go pro to share with us as i would love to see this race as well. I think it will boil down to the better driver between you two

Zemedici

Established Member
So you guys are gonna race to the speed limit or....? You said you don't like going fast...? Haha

GoneN60

Established Member
Cool thats good to know that I can pull him. I definitely have driver mod on my side as far as banging the shifts, using my powerband and powershifting. Im thinking it would be better to go from a low roll at 50mph doing a 2nd gear srart? From a dig wouldnt be smart because of traction issues. Since I recently installed my upper/control arms im just roasting these all season toyo proxie plus4s. I definitely need a sticky tire. Yes I have a go pro and my buddy has one to I will definitely post videos.To kick his arse I will definitely go up to.whatever mph I have to. I just dont like the driving fast weaving in between traffic stuff so I let them have that. Can he out maneuver me through traffic, turns, yes i'd give him that. But as far as having the faster the car...5.0 FTW!!

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Mag racing ftw, quick search says 1/4 times around 13 flat. If you hook and can drive I say easy win to 100+. He will probably get the hit on you with lighter weight and mid-engine, but I would say you freight train by him at 25-30 easy.

pierce88

Established Member
Based on the Mods in your signature it shouldnt even be a race.

2008 911 Carrera S with a perfect driver goes 13.0 in the 1/4.

GoneN60

Established Member
Google says he is putting down 80-100rwhp less than you but he only weighs 3150lbs...you SHOULD still have him, but i'd get rid of any excess weight if possible. should be a good time either way:banana:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q5al0JI1ko
Only weight reduction that I can think of im willing to do right now is 1/4 tank of gas :)My wheels are 5lbs a piece lighter than the brembos I had.

Angry50

Established Member
is he all stock? make sure he doesn't have the X51 power kit. if its all stock I think you should take him to 120ish or so. but im just guessing of course. but I think youre in the game either way

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
Only weight reduction that I can think of im willing to do right now is 1/4 tank of gas :)My wheels are 5lbs a piece lighter than the brembos I had.

could always remove back seat and spare tire/jack..then again how funny would it be to beat him at full weight and a passanger or 2...hahahhaha

GoneN60

Established Member
is he all stock? make sure he doesn't have the X51 power kit. if its all stock I think you should take him to 120ish. but im just guessing of course. but I think youre in the game either way
Im 100% sure hes bone stock. Cabriolet if that makes things worse for him.lol. Hes more of a pretty boy that thinks a porshe is God's gift of machinery to man

nicostang

Established Member
Im 100% sure hes bone stock. Cabriolet if that makes things worse for him.lol. Hes more of a pretty boy that thinks a porshe is God's gift of machinery to man

Just like pretty much every other german car owner.

Anyway, keep the car in the powerband and you should win.

he's cabrio so he doesnt have that weight advantage and aerodynamics that the coupes have.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Kick his ass Seabass!

I've driven a newer Carera S, they're quick, but you should take him.

GoneN60

Established Member
Cool! Thanks everyone and i'll be sure to post the footage in the kill section once this takes place. Next mod is the whipple and I will be able to step up to the twin turbo 911 in our crew..lol

Bujacoub

Established Member
you don't need a whipple to beat a 997 porsche turbo, if its from 2007-2009 you can hand with them on roll races if there stock! i only have an intake and xpipe tuned by AED check out my street race on youtube search " 2013 5.0 vs porsche turbo vs camaro ss "

Users who are viewing this thread