Do I really need camber/caster plates?

04screamingvert

Established Member
I did the install of H&R race springs and now I need to do an alignment. I have seen some with the same spring mod and no C/C plate. So I’m just asking because a local shop toll me yesterday that they were a must without even looking at the car. Stock isos are in place and car only made a drop of 1.25 back and 1.00 front. What are your thoughts is it a must have or not?
Thanks

greengt88

Established Member
I say no, not a must have. Makes it a lot easier to align, but not necessary. A bumpsteer kit would be a better purchase. Ultimately u want both though.

03COBRA-88

Established Member
Looking forward to hearing some replys. I have my H&R race springs ready to install and I have no C/C plates either. One thing I don't like is you have to drill a hole to install the MM C/C plates.

04screamingvert

Established Member
The guy at the local shop said they could slot the stocker with a grinder but it would damage the paint as they did it. I just wonder if this place is trying to run me off. Looked at some Steeda plates & there directions also need to do some drilling with them as well. I have seen photos of other cars with the H&R springs and they have the stock plates with no paint damage. Just need some good advice from someone that has been here already.

VT4ever

Established Member
I installed H&R race springs with bottom iso's and I really needed CC plates. It's a good investment and I think its worth it. Some people do get lucky and don't need them. I also like having complete adjustability of the suspension geometry. I got new wheels and tires at the same time so I didn't want to risk improper tire wear also.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Yes, especially if the car is lowered.
Besides that, Fox body based Mustang which includes SN95 and new Edge models.
Also a bump steer kit so the rear end doesn't want to do the loop d loop. you need maximum caster which is not adjustable in stock form. The car will not be not be as twitchy at high speeds. Also up to 3 degrees of negative camber in the front end.
Any Fox body car needs caster and camber plates.
Jeff

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Yes, especially if the car is lowered.
Besides that, Fox body based Mustang which includes SN95 and new Edge models.
Also a bump steer kit so the rear end doesn't want to do the loop d loop. you need maximum caster which is not adjustable in stock form. The car will not be not be as twitchy at high speeds. Also up to 3 degrees of negative camber in the front end.
Any Fox body car needs caster and camber plates.
Jeff

Get them or you will never realize the potential of your suspension. Stocks are sloppy.

+65,000 to both of these. I have them on both my 95 and my 04. there are a few guys who have not done them and they will tell you they can get their alignment "close". do not grind the stockers to do it. Aftermarket are beefier and better quality and you can get a spot on alignment. something you can't do with the stockers on a lowered car.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Get them or you will never realize the potential of your suspension. Stocks are sloppy.

Yup! With the cc plates you can change the camber better than the stock settings which create a way better handling mustang. I noticed a huge improvement right away!

04screamingvert

Established Member
Thank you all for the great input. I will check out the M&M and Steeda products and make a choice. Need to do more investigation on the bump steer kit not up to speed with this mod.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you all for the great input. I will check out the M&M and Steeda products and make a choice. Need to do more investigation on the bump steer kit not up to speed with this mod.

I would get the MM over the steeda kit. Just my preference though. My shop told me to go with the MM plates over any other ones.

04screamingvert

Established Member
Order for the M&M plates last night should be here thursday. Will do the install and start looking for a good shop for the alinement work. I live near Dayton Oh any ideas??

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Let them know how the car is driven so they can align in properly. Make sure to get a print out of the specs they set you car up to.

If I were you I would head to a shop that has those new laser alignment machines. I know the newer Brake Masters have them, but not sure whats in your area

2011-01-08144020-1.jpg

Last edited:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I didn't have them when I cut stock springs one full coil, cars were fine, no need for them but this cobra I just bought has steeda springs and it's decently low and has an alignment with MM CC plates, feels great. So I would recommend them if funds allow, but they are not a must have or your cobra will drive into a ditch or something and that's what I think you're wanting to know.

SDC15199.jpg

04screamingvert

Established Member
Well I just finished the install of the M&M caster / camber plates. Not a bad install at all. I have a local body shop with a new system lined up to do the alignment after the 4th. The M&M products were well done and look great against the yellow paint. Thanks for the advice. And now it is time to prepare for the Metco pulley set and 2.93 blower pulley next.

Nickerz

wh1plsh
Established Member
Well I just finished the install of the M&M caster / camber plates. Not a bad install at all. I have a local body shop with a new system lined up to do the alignment after the 4th. The M&M products were well done and look great against the yellow paint. Thanks for the advice. And now it is time to prepare for the Metco pulley set and 2.93 blower pulley next.

How did it drive after the install? From what I can tell my alignment is fine with Steeda Sports & TEINs, but I'm not positive. I also hear that the stock strut towers are a little on the wobbly side.

What's your driving impressions? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread