Do I need plugs? Mild mods so far

cobra4v04

Established Member
2004 Cobra with K&N Fipk, Mac O/R Prochamber, MIL eliminators, Flowmaster 3" catback. 12,000 miles

Stock plugs are gapped at .043 , I have a slight hesitiation almost like a misfire at low rpms and throttle tip-in, all plugs look to be in good condition.

Would different plugs be useful?

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
If you plan on adding a pulley combo, I would go ahead and get the NGK TR6s. If you are going to remain at a stock boost level, then you may try the NGK TR55s. I ran these for a year, due to keeping her in the warranty. When I changed the upper pulley, and put her on a dyno, I had spark plug blowout above 5500 rpms. I swapped the TR55s for the TR6s and the problem vanished.

hoofbeat

Established Member
cobra4v04 said:
2004 Cobra with K&N Fipk, Mac O/R Prochamber, MIL eliminators, Flowmaster 3" catback. 12,000 miles

Stock plugs are gapped at .043 , I have a slight hesitiation almost like a misfire at low rpms and throttle tip-in, all plugs look to be in good condition.

Would different plugs be useful?
Have about the same mods you have . Changed plugs 4 wks. ago at 15,000 miles . Went with tr55 gapped .040.,car runs great.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
RR03COBRA said:
If you plan on adding a pulley combo, I would go ahead and get the NGK TR6s. If you are going to remain at a stock boost level, then you may try the NGK TR55s. I ran these for a year, due to keeping her in the warranty. When I changed the upper pulley, and put her on a dyno, I had spark plug blowout above 5500 rpms. I swapped the TR55s for the TR6s and the problem vanished.
I would recommend the same. TR55s with your present setup and go to TR6s when you go with a smaller pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread