Do I need a bypass valve?

r1wheelie

Established Member
I have a Vortech V-2 with the after cooler system and I plan on running about 10lbs of boost or whatever gets me to about 400 rwhp. I was wondering if I need to run a bypass valve on this setup?

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
someone correct me if I'm wrong but all blowers have some type of valve difference is the centri can be used in a vented application as well.

Furinox

Established Member
I have a Vortech V-2 with the after cooler system and I plan on running about 10lbs of boost or whatever gets me to about 400 rwhp. I was wondering if I need to run a bypass valve on this setup?

Yes, or you will shorten the life of your head unit from compressor surge.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm pretty sure all the vortech units come with a bosch bypass valve.. that is more than enough for 400rwhp

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
you dont usually need a race bypass til 12psi+, typically

Really? Never heard that before. I have one but running less than 12 psi. I would get one to be safe.

No reason do spend 5K+ on everything then potentially damage your endine more for getting cheap at 200 bucks or something. My opinion anyway

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Really? Never heard that before. I have one but running less than 12 psi. I would get one to be safe.

No reason do spend 5K+ on everything then potentially damage your endine more for getting cheap at 200 bucks or something. My opinion anyway

theres the small bypass then a race bypass....different for different psi's

Brutal Metal

Established Member

I agree with Black*Death don't skimp here, I just picked up one of the hard to find ProCharger ProFlows (out of stock on their site) for a NICE price:rockon:
Hey Black D I saw your Sig are you running a Mafia with the Stock meter?
Gotta be close to maxed out with 435RW I would think?

2003GTIZZLE

**** YO COUCH NIKKA!
Established Member

Most aftercooler kits come with 2 bypass valves per vortech specs because the added CFM of flow it takes to go through that cooler is more then then one stock bypass can handle. Call Vortech, or you will call them soon when your head units seals need to be replaced. Not trying to scare you or anything but just call them and let them tell you, not me.

JTR

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread