Do I have aftermarket fuel pumps?

lunadiver

Established Member
Hello, I got my car about a year ago and am slowly find mods the previous owner put on. But, I was expecting to need a bap by now with a 2.76 pulley, Jlt Cai, off road x, and catback. I was checking the duty cycle on the sct x4 and it showed .49 as the max after a 3rd and 4th gear pull. Does that mean it's at 49% duty cycle?
Thanks!

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
That's probably the PID that you have to multiply by 2. So your duty cycle more likely 98%.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
I would highly recommend not going with a BAP and doing a proper fuel system. I just had to pull the BAP off my car because either it or my pumps were dying (the BAP over volting the pumps kill them early). My injectors were pegging 100% DC and the car still needed more fuel. Fortunately my tuner caught it and didn't hurt my engine.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
I would highly recommend not going with a BAP and doing a proper fuel system.

I agree and disagree with you.

Agree in that if someone has plans for higher performance, just get new pumps and be done. I disagree in that I had a BAP with stock pumps making 590ish hp and they were fine. I removed the BAP and put GT pumps and dual FPDM's for piece of mind. Looking back at it now, I wish I wouldn't have went return. Live and learn.

bigmoose

Established Member
A BAP does work fine at those power levels. It's also budget friendly and easy to install. However I recommend adding a modified FPDM if wiring the BAP pre-fpdm. The BAP will eventually kill a stock FPDM.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I can't tell you how many times I've replaced fuel pumps killed by BAPs. Its gotten to the point where I refer to them as "Boost a garbage" because that's all I ever see out of them. I know some time guys get away with it for a while but you're on borrowed time.

A BAP works by over driving the pumps with excessive voltage to over spin them to get more fuel pressure/volume out of them. Like any electric motor you do that to it's only a matter of time before it dies.

Users who are viewing this thread