Do I have a chance against an 03 GSXR 600?

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
I have a buddy with an 03' GSXR 600. I was wondering if I have a chance of beating this bike at all (from dig, roll etc..). I have never raced a bike, and I don't know much about them. He seems fairly confident that he can take me, but he doesn't know much about how quick these cars can be. I'm not sure how good of a rider he is, but lets assume he's good. See sig for my mods. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
i beat one last year and my cobra has a ported blower. you should have no problems with your mods

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
I have run against a bunch of bikes, and with your mods vs a 600... you should take him... Sounds like a very fun run!

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
you got if you run mid 11's or faster.....

Scratch that 10.90 or faster.....

Last edited:

jf4boogie

Established Member
You will murder him.

Even from a dig, you'll start reeling him back in hard in 2nd and should blow by him in 3rd

From a roll he doesnt stand a chance

bettner12

Iraq bound
Established Member
now that i have a GSXR 600 and have been riding it for awhile and have a pretty good feeling for how quick it is. you're all saying the cobra will murder it, all i have to say is OMG cobras haul ass i don't think i realized how fast they are

s_x_i

Established Member
bettner12 said:
now that i have a GSXR 600 and have been riding it for awhile and have a pretty good feeling for how quick it is. you're all saying the cobra will murder it, all i have to say is OMG cobras haul ass i don't think i realized how fast they are

It's a modded whippled Cobra... they're not all that fast :coolman:

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. We will try and run them soon, so well see what happens. :) Would I be better off going from a roll, or a dig?

-I don't understand this.:shrug: Is this sarcastic? Have you raced any Cobras? Did/do you own a Cobra?

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
you'd be better from a roll if he knows how to keep the front down from a dig. bikes loose a lot of top end past the 100s mph. you should win though, it'll be a good race

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Is the bike modded at all? I know a guy with a modded '05 Ninja 636R and apparently his bike can almost keep up with liter bikes.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
sunburned said:
Is the bike modded at all? I know a guy with a modded '05 Ninja 636R and apparently his bike can almost keep up with liter bikes.

very doubtful. he'd need a turbo or nitrous to do it, and there are very few people that mod a 600 with either when you can get that power out the door with a liter bike.

Users who are viewing this thread