Do 13/14 SVTPP wheels come in black?

Eleanor14

Established Member
Do the SVTPP wheels come in black or do you have to powder coat them if you want them black instead of gunmetal. I've seen full black ones, but I'm not sure if they came that way from Ford..?

SVT_28

Established Member
I believe they only come in the gunmetal, but I would be interested in seeing anyones rims who powder coated them matte black. I am considering doing that or buying aftermarket rims that are black matte. Anyone who has done this, post pictures, please!

ThomasL

Established Member
Nah they only come in that gunmetal/gray color. American Muscle sells a replica in gloss black i believe. Haven't seen any in matte black.

Snoopy49

Established Member
The problem with matt black wheels is that they always look like gloss black wheels covered in brake dust.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Gunmetal is pretty well black but the PP wheels have a special paint process done to it where there is a slight colour change in certain light conditions and also how you look at it.

I kinda like it that way factory and wouldn't mess with it. With my car being gray I just find it too dark with the PP wheels so I took them off and got different wheels.

SVT_28

Established Member
The problem with matt black wheels is that they always look like gloss black wheels covered in brake dust.
t ha

That has crossed my mind as well, but I have black with black matte stripes and I think matte or satin rims will bring the look together and compliment the stripes, so that is my logic.

Eleanor14

Established Member
My last GT500 had gloss black SVTPP wheels and it looked great. Because I had bought it used I wasn't sure if it came from the factory in gloss black or if the previous owner had them redone. After having them on that car I'm seriously considering doing them to my current wheels. I like the gunmetal, but the black looks great on certain colors.

Live Faster

Need for SPEED!!!
Established Member
I have a black on black car with matte black wheels,absolutely love the look. Personally can't stand the gloss black look,reminds me to much of the chrome look. So I guess I have to disagree with Snoopy on this one. Everyone for themselves :beer:

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
When you change your wheels, change to ceramic brake pads. Brake dust is reduced significantly, get whatever color wheel you want and it will stay that color unless you go a month before a wash.

SVT_28

Established Member
I have a black on black car with matte black wheels,absolutely love the look. Personally can't stand the gloss black look,reminds me to much of the chrome look. So I guess I have to disagree with Snoopy on this one. Everyone for themselves :beer:

Agreed! Do you have any side pics so I can see what it looks like as I want to get matte/satin rims...also having black/black matte stripe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread