Division X 340's

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
honestly if theyve been telling us these pumps are fine to use in E85 for god knows how long and now changing their mind to sell use bigger pumps Im kinda pissed off.

My pumps are still sitting in the box as I havent installed the new system yet but if thats the case then they Id say they owe a full refund on the pumps as thats why I went with that setup. Having to shell out another $140+tax kinda blows when what you bought was advertised as being up to the task

edit: I see the new disclaimer on their site, is that where you're getting it from or is someone at lethal telling you this as well? if so who

and another edit their hat description doesnt list that walboro pump as compatible so will it fit?

Last edited:

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
What is the disclaimer that your referring to on their site? I know it says that they (division X 340 pump) is compatable with e85.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I'm not sure who is supplying these unbranded pumps to vendors. DeatschWerks maybe? Looks very close to a DW300 or DW301 pump.

There have been some recent failures of these no name pumps on the GTR scene. My E85 car just had this happen. Personally I have decided to go with Aeromotive Stealth 340s or Walbro 465s. Still need to decide which one of those.

Look here for an example of the pumps I am talking about. Fuel Pumps

Last edited:

BMR Tech

The Stryker 340's are pretty good pumps. I have used them with great success, but I have not tried them with E85.

Lethal is a great company to work with, if they steer you in a certain direction....then I would recommend that you take their advice. They sell a LOT of fuel systems.

If you really wanna run the 340's, just ask them if it fails with E85 being used, is it covered under warranty. I know some of the Walbro pumps are not covered under warranty, if they fail while using E85.

I will be using/swapping to the 465's next time I pull my tank.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
What is the disclaimer that your referring to on their site? I know it says that they (division X 340 pump) is compatable with e85.

its apparently only on the complete fuel system pages at this point

"E85 USERS: We recommend using the Walbro F90000267 465lph pumps as these are the only pumps sold by Walbro as a 100% E85/Flex Fuel compatible fuel pump. We also recommend using the DivisionX DX-0010MW fuel filter with wire mesh filter element as paper elements are not compatible with E85."

Last edited:

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Tons of vendors have the 340lph pumps now. Do they all come from the same supplier? Who knows, I doubt any vendor is really going to share where they get them. I personally got my pair from LFP and I've made over 900 on e85 with them. They have only been in service a couple months though, so no idea on long term reliability.

The OP of this thread did not share any info on why Lethal is saying to not use these pumps and go with the 465's. Some more info would be real helpful here as dual 340's are more than enough fuel for a good majority here.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
ok, I jumped on the live chat with Lethal and got this:

"Derek PerezThe Walbro 400's are not to be used in E85, DX 340, Aeromotive 340 and Walbro 465 are all good for E85"

he said the new disclaimer is ONLY referring to the walbro pumps, when it comes to Walbro pumps ONLY the 465 is rated for ethanol.

it would be good to know who is saying not run them because Derek is saying its fine

Last edited:

QuikHD

Established Member
I was told over the phone yesterday that guys are using the DX340's for E85, but he didnt recommend it. He seemed like he was pushing me more towards the Walbro pumps.

TODAY I was called saying the DX pumps arent in stock, they asked me again if I wanted Walbro pumps.....They are in stock. Well, I'm not going to spend $140 more for a pump that wont be utilized IF the DX can be run in E85.

I know tons of guys have had good luck with Lethal, I am not.

I ordered a budget return kit.

NOT IN STOCK AT THIS TIME

80lb injectors
Fuel Pressure regulator
DX 340 pumps
PTFE hose upgrade
Reichard 2.65 whipple pulley (They called me to talk me into an in stock 2.70")

So basically almost everything I ordered is not in stock :shrug:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
again we dunno who makes the DX pumps at this point but that thread does specifically say aeromotive 340s, the lethal kits have their DX 340 pumps which is what they are claiming is ok. I see they claim the aeromotive is ok as well...maybe theyve been updated?

True those were Aeromotive but I have a feeling they are all made in the same factory. If you google Aeromotive 340 e85 failure or DeatschWerks e85 pump failure you will see there have been plenty of failures by both. Seems reliabilty is hit or miss with e85. I suspect the failures are with people that switch fuels back and forth from 91/93 to e85 instead of running e85 exclusively.

Lethal is just getting a pump from some supplier and slapping their name on it. Just speculation on my part but I wouldn't be surprised if the Stryker is just a Aeromotive or DeatschWerks rebranded.

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I was told over the phone yesterday that guys are using the DX340's for E85, but he didnt recommend it. He seemed like he was pushing me more towards the Walbro pumps.

TODAY I was called saying the DX pumps arent in stock, they asked me again if I wanted Walbro pumps.....They are in stock. Well, I'm not going to spend $140 more for a pump that wont be utilized IF the DX can be run in E85.

I know tons of guys have had good luck with Lethal, I am not.

I ordered a budget return kit.

NOT IN STOCK AT THIS TIME

80lb injectors
Fuel Pressure regulator
DX 340 pumps
PTFE hose upgrade
Reichard 2.65 whipple pulley (They called me to talk me into an in stock 2.70")

So basically almost everything I ordered is not in stock :shrug:

Chad,

I apologize if you feel like I was pushing you to go a certain way. I was by no means implying there was only one pump to use, I was just giving you options. As I mentioned on the phone plenty of our customers are running the 340 pumps on E85. We spoke a few times about power ratings and several different options, but I didn't mean to come across as saying the DX was not rated for E85.

In regards to the phone call today we give our customers every available option to us. If a certain part is ordered but is not available, we will see if they want to go a different route to get the car finished. It has nothing to do about trying to get you to upgrade to a different pump, it's just about the ability to complete the order and get it out the door. If you are in no rush and are willing to wait then obviously we have no issue with that.

I apologize if you feel your order has not gone smoothly. You are right, we are out of stock on a few items but unfortunately that is something we deal with every day. We are at the mercy of our suppliers and sometimes things take a little longer than expected. We do our best to keep everything on the shelf to avoid these situations. If you have any further questions please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks,
Matt

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey Chad,

Just wanted to add to what Matt is saying too. Based on our conversation this morning, and what we always ask anyone who calls in, is how much power they are expecting to make, and on what fuel.

When we talked earlier, you said you were expecting to approach the 700 mark. With the 340's, like I also said, you're cutting it close on E85. Would the 340's work? Of course they would, but we like to give the best option for you, while going over your build. If that came off as trying to push you away from the 340's as well, I apologize.

As Matt said, definitely sorry if you felt mislead or anything. We're always here to help.

Users who are viewing this thread