Dissapointed with Steeda Exhaust

Dshavers

Established Member
Just in case anyone on here was looking to purchase an exhaust system from Steeda, you might want to re-think it. I purchased the axel backs from a friend and they were in perfect shape. Last year both hangers on the driver's side broke off within a month of eachother. This morning a found that one of the passenger's side has broken off. I ran their systems on both my 02 GT and 04 Cobra and never had this kind of an issue. Is this common with our cars and other systems?
Passenger Side
hangerPass1.jpg

hangerPass2.jpg

hangerPass3.jpg

Driver's side
hanger1.jpg

hanger2.jpg

hanger3.jpg

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
They shouldn't have broken but they do have a lifetime warranty...did you try and get them to exchange them?

BTW the two older systems you mention were mfg. by Borla. The new S197 kit doesn't appear to be by the looks of them.

Last edited:

Dshavers

Established Member
The first time they broke, they tried to offer me a 40.00 credit to the steeda store, which IMO was kind of an insult. They finally agreed to send me a reimbursement for the repair, although I still had to take a day off of work during a busy schedule to have this done. I'm just a tad bit annoyed that it's happened again on the other side.

They shouldn't have broken but they do have a lifetime warranty...did you try and get them to exchange them?

BTW the two older systems you mention were mfg. by Borla. The new S197 kit doesn't appear to be by the looks of them.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I had Steeda on my '03, I think Borla actually makes them. Top quality!

SmirkNOS

It is what it is!
Established Member
All the tiem

The first time they broke, they tried to offer me a 40.00 credit to the steeda store, which IMO was kind of an insult. They finally agreed to send me a reimbursement for the repair, although I still had to take a day off of work during a busy schedule to have this done. I'm just a tad bit annoyed that it's happened again on the other side.

That has happen to me before. Last year with my 07 GT. I had the GTA's from Ford and same thing happen to me. I don't think it has to do with Steeda wich by the way everyting I have ever bought from them has been of very good quality. They don't make crap. I have seen this happen to others in another forums. Don't blame the brand blame the unpaved street where you live,, lol:whine:

Dshavers

Established Member
Pics added. I can't find the muffler pics for the Driver's side, but it's pretty much the same deal with the passenger side.

That's where I work. That's why I asked for pictures. Never had a hanger fail on one of the mustang kits before.

Dshavers

Established Member
Just got off the phone with Steeda, and they are not going to honor my claim since I'm not the original owner of the exhaust. He said that the first time was a "courtesy" Nice customer service.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Typical Steeda schmucks.

If you can get them welded; do. But you'll want a stainless filler rod so the joints don't rust.

Considering those *really* appear to be the Borla mfg. mufflers; take pics and write Borla. I'm betting they'll be more willing than Steeda, despite the fact their name isn't directly on them.

Dshavers

Established Member
Yes which is a shame since I have given them plenty of buisness with my other cars. As far as the weld, yeah the guy that welded my other ones back on using a SS filler, and it's a much stronger weld than the original. Just irritates me how unwilling to help he was about the situation. Yes I know it's a cheap repair and according to the rep, was not worth the time to file a claim, but it's more about the principal. I'll try and contact Borla.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
That's not our stuff...very sorry about it none the less.

What's not your stuff? Are we talking Steeda parts here? Pretty sure that muffler can says "Steeda" embossed right in it. And I'm 99% sure that is a Borla contracted/mfg. muffler; not the newer MBRP....

Dshavers

Established Member
Sent an email over to Borla about the issues, and they are going to send out a new set of mufflers. Talk about incredible customer service. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread