Disneyland!!!!!

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
The 'ol wife has decided to take our boy to meet Mickey. I think he is probably a little young still, he is only 2 this weekend. I'm sure he'll have a blasty blast but won't ever remember it lol.

Anyway, since I'll likely lose this argument like every other discussion I have with my wife, who has been recently? What kind of stuff should I be looking for hotel wise/at the park itself? I was looking at the Disney hotel packages, they are pretty damn pricey.

Help a brother out! :banana::dancenana::banana::dancenana::banana:

Machdup1

Established Member
The 'ol wife has decided to take our boy to meet Mickey. I think he is probably a little young still, he is only 2 this weekend. I'm sure he'll have a blasty blast but won't ever remember it lol.

Anyway, since I'll likely lose this argument like every other discussion I have with my wife, who has been recently? What kind of stuff should I be looking for hotel wise/at the park itself? I was looking at the Disney hotel packages, they are pretty damn pricey.

Help a brother out! :banana::dancenana::banana::dancenana::banana:

Go to Disneyworld in Florida.

/Thread

Shepp1691

Established Member
We are doing Disneyland in October, my wife has been planning every minute since last October, place is so big and expensive you need a plan. Our kids are going to be 4 and 2, which I also think is too young, but like you, I win very few arguments.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Is it that much better? I've been to Land about 8 times, but not in the last 20 years probably. Never been to Disney world. Why do say that?

A lot newer park better rides and yes they have space mountain too.
You should be able to park hop Epcot-DisneyWorld- and the other one that I'm brain farting on right now has the Tower of Terror. If you stay on Disney Property you can catch a shuttle and not worry about parking.

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
I'm not even sure where to start. I feel like going thru the Disney website, I'll just get fleeced. But with a 2 year old, I also want it as streamlined as possible, like I don't care about saving $20 a night on a hotel if I'm on a bus for 30 minutes to get to the park with my super energetic son

G04cobra

Established Member
Look on the bright side..kids under 3 yrs old are free :coolman:
I win few arguments as well, we have season passes:bored: Be prepared for long lines, prioritize the attractions you wanna ride and get fast passes. By doing so, you will avoid super long lines. GL :beer:

chrisheltra

Established Member
Since the kid wont remember shit anyways you might as well go to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA and at least get to drink the shit out of some beer and ride some real rides.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
but you'll spend 10x as much going to World since you need to go for at least a few days. unless you schlep all the way out there to go for just one day.

if you go to Land for just one day, go to the main park. CA adventure is cool but not worth the extra $ and certainly not a priority over the main park. you cant do both in one day or you'll miss a ton of stuff.

go to disneyland on a weekday. less traffic. NYs day is a good day to go as most people sleep in.
there are a ton of hotels within walking distance of the park. many right along the main blvd the entrance is on. restaurants too. if you stay at the hotel though, you get in earlier than the "commoners" lol. at least you used to. it was like an hour before. of course with little ones, you'll end up taking an hour just to make it to the first ride lol. you take the monorail into the park. for hotel guests only

taking my 1.5 year old son in January as well. im with you but same as you its an argument you cant win :bored: so there's goes a few hundy for something ive done way too many times and my son wont remember and probably sleep half the time lol.

last time i went, found an employee on craigs list who'd get people in for $50 a pop. he and his co worker buddys walked us through the line and we saved about $250! :rockon: but, also a lot of scams out there. we met him right in front of the entrance and paid him after we walked through. more of a risk on his part. his job and $50. its pretty common there though. worst case, if you cant find someone to do this with on the morning of, you can just buy tickets at the park. its not like you'll save any $ buying them in advance. unless you got some kind of cool tourist package deal.

probably want to rent a stroller as well. unless you bring your own.
you can try to bring snacks but you better be good at smuggling. have your wife bring a large purse/bag and bury them inside of clothes/diapers/whatever. i believe you can bring in water bottles but not sure.
if they find the snacks food, they'll make you dump it or take it back to your car. you can also have them in your pockets and tape them to your childrens chests lol. they dont search people, just bags. :thumbsup:

be in line at least 30 mins before the park opens if you can. so you can squeeze every minute out of your day. you'll need it, unless its a low attendance day which isnt often at disneyland.

you can also check out Knotts Berry Farm down the street. not as good but they have a decent section for small children. killer restaurant too which you can take a cab too, its located outside the park next to the entrance. if you like incredible fried chicken :dancenana:

Last edited:

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
I'm not even sure where to start. I feel like going thru the Disney website, I'll just get fleeced. But with a 2 year old, I also want it as streamlined as possible, like I don't care about saving $20 a night on a hotel if I'm on a bus for 30 minutes to get to the park with my super energetic son

There are other hotels on Disney Property
Try google 'hotels on Disney World Property'
A crap load will come up. You probably just want a clean place to crash 'cause your ass will be worn out by the end of the day.
Unless you want the 'stay IN the park' experience. If so it'll cost a few $.
I think we stayed at the Sun Resort, the Shuttle stops right in front. You'll thank me later;-)

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
but you'll spend 10x as much going to World since you need to go for at least a few days. unless you schlep all the way out there to go for just one day.

if you go to Land for just one day, go to the main park. CA adventure is cool but not worth the extra $ and certainly not a priority over the main park. you cant do both in one day or you'll miss a ton of stuff.

go to disneyland on a weekday. less traffic. NYs day is a good day to go as most people sleep in.
there are a ton of hotels within walking distance of the park. many right along the main blvd the entrance is on. restaurants too. if you stay at the hotel though, you get in earlier than the "commoners" lol. at least you used to. it was like an hour before. of course with little ones, you'll end up taking an hour just to make it to the first ride lol. you take the monorail into the park. for hotel guests only

taking my 1.5 year old son in January as well. im with you but same as you its an argument you cant win :bored: so there's goes a few hundy for something ive done way too many times and my son wont remember and probably sleep half the time lol.

last time i went, found an employee on craigs list who'd get people in for $50 a pop. he and his co worker buddys walked us through the line and we saved about $250! :rockon: but, also a lot of scams out there. we met him right in front of the entrance and paid him after we walked through. more of a risk on his part. his job and $50. its pretty common there though. worst case, if you cant find someone to do this with on the morning of, you can just buy tickets at the park. its not like you'll save any $ buying them in advance. unless you got some kind of cool tourist package deal.

probably want to rent a stroller as well. unless you bring your own.
you can try to bring snacks but you better be good at smuggling. have your wife bring a large purse/bag and bury them inside of clothes/diapers/whatever. i believe you can bring in water bottles but not sure.
if they find the snacks food, they'll make you dump it or take it back to your car. you can also have them in your pockets and tape them to your childrens chests lol. they dont search people, just bags. :thumbsup:

be in line at least 30 mins before the park opens if you can. so you can squeeze every minute out of your day. you'll need it, unless its a low attendance day which isnt often at disneyland.

you can also check out Knotts Berry Farm down the street. not as good but they have a decent section for small children. killer restaurant too which you can take a cab too, its located outside the park next to the entrance. if you like incredible fried chicken :dancenana:
Did something similar when I took my daughter to Disneyland. Paid $80 each for the park hopper and fast lane (or whatever its called). Saved me about $60 each ticket. Thought it was a scam since I had to go to a building nearby Disneyland but saw that there were other people going in and out of it since you have to return the 3 day passes. Looks like a scam but was legit.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
World>>>>land. We are at Disney right now. The sooner you plan, the more you can do

KilledbyKenne

Established Member

They have a picnic area in between the security tents and the actual Park entrance that have lockers that you can leave food in. That's what we did when we were there 2 years ago. You save a lot on lunch if you just take sandwich stuff. They won't let you in with any glass containers though, we found that out the hard way when we tried to bring in some pre mixed chip dip.

I dread the day I have to go back there with my son (it will be his first time). I absolutely hate dealing with that place and the mass idiots it attracts.

Users who are viewing this thread