Dislike the steeda tri-ax shifter

BLK_03

Established Member
I feel your pain on this one LCCOBRA.
I too have the tri-ax and have posted about missed shifts (especially that f-ing 2-3). There was one time at the track that I had missed 3rd two passes in a row. I convinced myself I wasn't going to miss again. So I was at 6200 rpm in 2nd, push the clutch in gently, and not at the speed of light or anything but quickly shifted to 3rd and WHAM..... BRICK WALL. I sat there with my palm pushing against the shifter trying to get into third. Just held it there and coasted across the finish line. Other times it has been easy. I was about to say screw it and get a pro 5.0 but I think I may give the quadrant, firewall adjuster a try first. Some say that is the best mod they have done.

JMD0346

Established Member
Originally posted by 2kbill
Do you have the stock clutch quadrant? Most that do, say that the engagement point is just off the floorboard, which would make it more prone to missing shifts. When it's near the middle or higher, less pedaling is required. Makes sense to me.

Bill

Thats the key. Before I adjusted my clutch it would barely go in gear at WOT. Now fuul throttle 1 to2 and 2 to 3 shifts are no problem. I have the steeda with MGW handle. I highly recommend them both.

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
Originally posted by Shadowgray03
All shifts I miss are due to me trying to man handle and guide it instead of letting it guide itself.

I couldn't have said it better then that:idea:

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Thanks for the info

hmmm maybe I should mess with it some befor I think of getting rid of it. I do like that MGW Handle. Maybe I should add it to the chrismas list. Also Blk_03 I always miss in 2nd and 3rd also. Hate that. That's when I grind grears. This is my first 6 speed and not the best driver yet. Maybe it's me and nothing to do with the shifter. MidLifeC I did the install myself and were it says tri-ax it's faceing tords the radio. Even though I messed up and cut the boot a little and broke this little peice off the shifter cover. O well i'll just order a new one. Thanks for all the info everyone.

Last edited:

tigerwoods

Established Member
i just installed the triax, upr clutch quadrant, and firewall adjuster package. i did not really beleive everyone on here when they said to get these. NOW I DO. i have 100% confidence in my car now. the car wont let me down so from now on missing shifts has got to be my fault. the 2-3 shift is so much better. you only have to start the motion of shifting and the shifter takes over and puts it in 3rd for you.

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
so what will the upr clutch quad and firewall adj actually do to where you clutch engages...i know mine on the gt is very far into the floor...not completely to it...but about an inch or two off it

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by tigerwoods
i just installed the triax, upr clutch quadrant, and firewall adjuster package. i did not really beleive everyone on here when they said to get these. NOW I DO. i have 100% confidence in my car now. the car wont let me down so from now on missing shifts has got to be my fault. the 2-3 shift is so much better. you only have to start the motion of shifting and the shifter takes over and puts it in 3rd for you.
I think the clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster will be one of my next mods for sure. :)

Users who are viewing this thread