Dishwasher reviews

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
After our Samsung dishwasher which we bought last September took a crap two times this year after normal use. I dont plan on getting a new samsung. Does any one have any preferences in the 5-800 dollar range?

I know Bosch gets great reviews but the non heated dry and no garbage disposal has me weary to drop that much coin on one, also im not a huge fan of the layout of the trays

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
I have owned many. Purchased samsung, returned. Purchased may tag, returned. Purchased whirlpool, returned. I have now installed kitchen aid ( also kenmore elite) in the last 4 houses. The only dishwasher I will ever own.

TK Doom

Established Member
Don't get fridgadaire. Current house came with one, its a POS, unfortunately.

Because all appliances match.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
You guys are full of shit with the sandwich making, dish cleaning wives. I suppose next you're going to tell us they have sex with you too. lol. Oh, and I have a Samsung, it's okay I guess.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Our last house we had a Samsung and loved it. This house we tried Bosch and hate it. Nothing gets dry, ever.

jcthorne

Established Member
I have owned many. Purchased samsung, returned. Purchased may tag, returned. Purchased whirlpool, returned. I have now installed kitchen aid ( also kenmore elite) in the last 4 houses. The only dishwasher I will ever own.

You do know Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore and Maytag are all the same thing? Its just feature sets and the overlap a BUNCH.

We really like our new top end Kenmore. With some online specials from Sears, it was a couple hundred less than we could get the comparable Maytag or KitchenAid.

If DRY is a concern for you, all of these models offer a turbodry function on the upper end models. Its an added fan in the door along with the heating element in the bottom. The hot air FLOW really does get the dishes dry.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Mine is stainless steel. Other than that, I think it might open...

henchgt

Established Member
Bosch is the best of the best. New GE is crap, New WP is crap. Keep in mind Maytag is now owned by WP, they are the exact same machines built on the same line. Although Kitchen aid is built by WP as well, it is a better alternative.

scottminot

Established Member
Bosch here. Does a great job cleaning but doesn't dry for shit.
I have to open the dishwasher when it's done and let everything dry for a few hours.

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
I would say dry is a concern We have alot of plastic cups that we reuse for drinking water out of. Those are usually the wettest. I really like the ones with the 3rd drawer. Brands are LG Bosch and Samsung. Really wish kitchen aid had that 3rd drawer

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
we always do quite a bit of research when buying a new expensive appliance. the maytag dishwasher we have was an online order only item but had 5 starts. all SS tub which is important. it works great, thought it our second one. the first one was damaged during shipping which we did not know till we installed it and it leaked. apparently during shipping they dropped it a little too hard and messed up the tub, causing a leak. pita to install and then pull out and redo. :bored: but we got it sorted and lowes was great to deal with. its been going strong for 2 years now.

the dishes arent 100% dry after a wash but not a huge deal. we either just open the door to let them air dry a little or wipe them down with a dish towel. and when i say "we" i mean they (the sandwhich maker and sandwhich maker in training) :p

This. The dishwasher/sandwhich maker combo.

:lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread