Discovered something startling - could use some input

StangLoveR

Established Member
I got to work today removing the exhaust for the new driveshaft install and came across the below - the portion of the exhaust over the axle melted a fuel system-related line.

One pic is a close up of the melted line, and another is there to help orient the reader to see where we are under the car. Does anyone know exactly what that line is doing (as opposed to the other lines, etc.)? I didn't have time to trace it through the system.

20131228_152505_zpsb354bb94.jpg

20131228_152453_zpse378bf1b.jpg

If this went undiscovered the results could have been pretty bad, eh?

Anyway, now I need to figure out 1) what to order; 2) how to replace that line (hopefully it's only a few inches long); and 3) how the over-the-axle pipes need to be modified - looks like my shop didn't get it right the first time.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
I wanna say that line is for your evap system mounted under the the spare tire well if it is the evap system can be deleted without any major issues just tuning it out.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Im pretty sure I was reading on here how this happened to someone else recently. I'll see if I can find the thread.

kodexkustoms

Established Member
Happened to me a long time ago, no problem at all. I want to delete my evap system but I'm not sure what all is involved in doing so on these cars.

c. love

Established Member
this was just discussed the other day. You just need to cut it back. My car did the same thing. Eventually you will end up throwing a check engine light

Users who are viewing this thread