Disc Brakes for SRA w/9inch ends

sav03cobra

Established Member
I have an SRA swap in my 2003 Cobra.

Its an 8.8 rear w/welded tubes and (big ford new style 9inch ends).

31 spline strange axles, Auburn pro diff, 3.73s, wheel spacers.

Currently have PBR (Vette style) calipers and Baer disc. The thing is, I do not like that I cant utilize my parking brake. Its a pain in the ass to try and get a safety with no e-brake here in Hawaii. Looking to go to a disc brake kit that will utilize my stock parking brake and proper offset.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help provided.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
a few years ago, before i bought my coupe, i was doing alot of research and getting very close to buidling a sra with 9" ends (big ford new style, like you). my goal was to try to keep the stock 11.65 cobra brakes.

as i recall, it is a bit challenging, but there are a few solutions available. search my posts here and at modfords and you will find several threads that go into detail about it. i don't remember the details offhand.

best of luck with it :beer:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Thanks for the info! I will do some searching on here. Its a pain so far, but like you I am sure it can be done.

yw :thumbsup: i think brackets are alot easier to find if you're willing to use the smaller gt brakes (the rotors are thinner and smaller diameter, the calipers are actually the same). also doing that gives the advantage of being able to fit more makes of 15" wheels

mondo

Established Member
op, not sure if you are still looking for a setup that will utilize your factory cables

but this guy has a setup for small/big style 9" ends that allows the use of cobra calipers and rotors www.mustangsteve

just trying to help out

Users who are viewing this thread