Disappointed With Numbers

FloridaSvt07

Established Member
Went to the dyno yesterday and got my car tuned. I just put a new 2.76 BF pulley on it along with the 4 piece idler set. Added some NGK spark plugs and a diablosport MAFia. Mods are the above with a K&N intake, Bassani X-Pipe, and flowmaster catback. Car had to do 6 runs because of some complications with the MAFia voltage and the intercooler pump wasn't working at first. Car was still hot and maybe could of produced more power but here are the results. Car made 446hp and 459 Tq. Tempature was 82 degree and 29% Humidity. Car had a peak boost of 13.15. What do you guys think?

DynoNumbers.jpg

DynoSheet1.jpg

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Yeah, the power seems a bit low, as well as your boost. However, keep in mind that dyno's are not 100% accruate and can be subjectively adjusted.

That being said I suggest you take it to the track and compare your trap speeds to Cobra's with similar mods. I wouldn't be surprised if your trap speeds are the same anyways.

Now go out and drive that car and forget about the numbers.

musclefan21

Established Member
I bet you made kinda low numbers because the motor and air was hot.

Just run your car against another pullied cobra at night on the hgihway and see where you are at.

FloridaSvt07

Established Member
Ya I will try to run someone this weekend. I thought that I was going to be at least 460hp or higher but then again, I don't know how much power is taken away by a hot motor? I also heard that Flowmasters a very restricted and that's taken at least 10hp away from me...

Last edited:

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
well if the engine was hot and you had intercooler pump issues there is no telling how much power you lost as it started to eat soak. i have seen cars on the dyno drop 30-40rwhp from bad intercooler pumps. and if those are the numbers from the 6th run i woudnt feel bad at all. fix your car and then see what she does on the street and track.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I was just thinking since his numbers are about 10-15 rwhp outside of what would be normal that a catted mid pipe and a hot car (also flowmasters) could be making it what it is. They are just numbers, track times and mph will show how your car really is. A catted bassani is a nice mid pipe, nothing wrong with them!

TrickStang37

Established Member
Went to the dyno yesterday and got my car tuned. I just put a new 2.76 BF pulley on it along with the 4 piece idler set. Added some NGK spark plugs and a diablosport MAFia. Mods are the above with a K&N intake, Bassani X-Pipe, and flowmaster catback. Car had to do 6 runs because of some complications with the MAFia voltage and the intercooler pump wasn't working at first. Car was still hot and maybe could of produced more power but here are the results. Car made 446hp and 459 Tq. Tempature was 82 degree and 29% Humidity. Car had a peak boost of 13.15. What do you guys think?

DynoNumbers.jpg

DynoSheet1.jpg
Your numbers seem OK. Are you running cats? You can see my sig that I made 453 rwhp STD compared to yours with a very similar set up. Your boost level is about right as well IMO. Mine was also on about the 6th or 7th run with about 8 minutes cool down between runs.

I still trapped 117's in my vert with those numbers.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
the numbers seem about right considering temp.

why do you care so much about having a high HP number anyway? high dyno numbers arent everything.

take it to the track and see what it runs, THATS what matters

spincobra03

Established Member
I totally agree that your numbers arent bad at all. Looking at the outdoor air temp I think its fairly close. With a 2.76 you should see around 460 I would think.

spincobra03

Established Member
also how agressive was the tune? What was the A/F? Maybe you have some more fuel left in your tune. But track numbers are the only numbers that matter.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
It's the heat, I used to dyno low like that all the time. What it turned out to be for me was the intercooler pump was intermittently failing.You have no idea how much power that costs you on a hot day. I would call Steve@Tousley and pick up another pump and wiring pigtail,and check the relay.

A bad IC pump cost me almost 8mph!!! Trap speed, thats about 40rwhp

As long as you have after market X-pipe, catted or not catted makes very little difference. However those weld-in flowmasters are probably costing you a bit of power.

Every upper pulley only eaton makes different power on the dyno, but if you look at the track times and average it all out. You can count a CAI/X-pipe/Cat-back/2.76-2.93 pulley, no port, no lower car after the blower gets hot to be worth right around 450rwhp. despite pulley ratio

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
Number are ok, My friend just made 475/500 with his 2.76,cat-back,prochamber combo but its 50 degrees in Va

Redfire_Cobra

Established Member
I think the numbers look about right, my car made very similiar numbers (450/461) around this same time last year at a shop in Jacksonville. You are seeing a little less boost because of the off road X pipe, I lost almost a full pound when I went catless.

Edit: I just looked at my dyno sheet and the weather temps are very close to yours mine was 89 degrees with 29% humidity.

Last edited:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
To add to my previous post, how much timing is in your car?

After datalogging my car it turns out I only have 20 -21 spark advance on a 94 Octane tune at 13 psi. So perhaps your timing is low which is safe but it taeks away from the power.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
With your IC pump not working there is your answer right there. The blower was probably hot as hell without having any fluid running to keep things cool. The catback isn't going to rob you of any power, I wouldn't stress over that. I'm sure your car runs strong and will make good power when the IC pump is working good and its cooled off.

Users who are viewing this thread